Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods and RBA

Options
  • 14-08-2014 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a couple of questions before I decide if dripping is worth the time and effort.

1. If I buy a dripper do I need to also buy the wire and cotton?
    2. Some people are vaping at 30watts, when I turn up the watts on my evic my juice tastes burnt, and it comes nowhere near 30watts, how is it possible with a dripper and mod?
    3. Mods have not got a VW or VV setting ability, what does a mod run at when you press the button?

Thanks in advance people :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

1. Yes. Cotton wool balls from Tesco will do absolutely fine. Get a couple of different thicknesses of kanthal, I'd recommend at least 26 gauge or lower/thicker (corresponds to 0.42mm I think).

2. Juice gets to the wick easier/faster in a dripper therefore no burning, just loads more vapour. Lower resistance = less voltage but more heat.

3. It will start at around 4.15V and taper off untill it hits around 3.7V where most of the battery capacity is at. This is the single worst thing about unregulated mods and you need to build coils at lower resistance to accommodate it. You can get something called a kick to regulate the voltage but these are completely useless for drippers as the minimum resistance they can handle is too high (usually 1.0 - 1.2 ohms).

Overall it's probably not as much effort as you think it will be and it has the advantage of being very cheap. Until you discover fasttech :pac:

I wouldn't go spending huge money on mods etc. before you try it out though.

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just a couple of questions before I decide if dripping is worth the time and effort.

2. Some people are vaping at 30watts, when I turn up the watts on my evic my juice tastes burnt, and it comes nowhere near 30watts, how is it possible with a dripper and mod?
    3. Mods have not got a VW or VV setting ability, what does a mod run at when you press the button?

Thanks in advance people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You can buy pre-made coils but I have no idea what the quality is like. Using cotton isn't necessary, but it's incredibly cheap and wicks fantastically.
    Coiling is much easier than newbies imagine and making microcoils with thicker wires makes it easier & means you won't have to recoil for a very long time. I have the same coils in devices for months now, they still work fantastically after a dry-burn and a rinse.
    The maths is the most important part. Take note of the wire's resistance per centimetre and work out how many centimetres you need for a certain resistance.
    Thicker wires & faster wicking materials. Larger airholes drawing a lot of air over low resistance coils cool the coils down and produce more vapour.
    There are also a fuckton of people who report that they're at a certain wattage based on an ohm's law calculator without ever checking their voltage drop which is affected by the resistance of the coil, the battery and the materials and contact points of the mod.
    Whatever level the battery's at and the resistance of your coil dictates the wattage - the fresher the battery, the higher the wattage. The lower the resistance of your coil/s, the higher the wattage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah ffs. Could've had a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Multi coil setups e.g. dual 1 ohm coils in a dripper = .5 ohm overall = 30.4 watts @ 3.9v

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Cheers gang

• Advertisement
Advertisement