Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Dehumidifier

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Alright price for what it is I suppose but personally I've no use for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

OP your link isn't working.

try this one

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

fixed now, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭A Law

Great for drying clothes. Leave mine on over nite in a closed smallish room and pretty much dry the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

are they expensive to run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

495W so if running at full blast they'll use about 12 units a day, which is fairly considerable in the long run, well over €50 a month.

However you'd generally not be running them that much, without knowing the exact unit I doubt its duty cycle is 100% to begin with so it won't be running all the time anyway.

One of the reviews on John Lewis is suggesting it uses about 7 units a day in a damp-ish environment so about €35 a month in that case. You're very unlucky if you need to use one 12 months of the year though!

Mine is a 400w so about 8c an hour. Cheaper than a tumble dryer for a similar job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

thanks thats what i was wondering.. if it be cheaper than a tumble drier..

if you have a small room utility room and leave the clothes on a clothes hanger and run the unit for a couuple of hours would probably be sufficient to dry over night? and probably less severe on clothes..

Exactly. I have all the washing on a clothes horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I bought a Dimplex one last year and use it at times in a damp box room and for drying clothes in a fairly large room and it's brilliant. Haven't noticed a substantial difference in my electricity bill. Would defo recommend one honestly didn't think it would be as good for drying clothes as it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

This is not a compressor type unit which are better than this dessicant type. Do your research before choosing a product because it's discounted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

bmm wrote: »
    This is not a compressor type unit which are better than this dessicant type. Do your research before choosing a product because it's discounted.

How do you measure better, non dessicant models are useless at low temperatures I.e in your summer house, caravan, camper, garage in winter. They're also super noisy in say a living room bedroom situation. Horses for courses.
    http://www.cli-mate.com.au/uploads/images/desiccantvscompressorgraph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm a big fan of dehumidifiers. I have run them in holiday homes and also have one at home for drying washing in a spare room. Great lad for drying paint too!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Price is now changed to GBP 153.12 !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

marcus2000 wrote: »
    Price is now changed to GBP 153.12 !

Will probably drop again in time; but its available cheaper elsewhere at that price.

Advertisement