Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my credit card

Options
  • 14-08-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi

I lost my credit card. What do I do to cancel that one Just in case someone found it?

Also how do I get the new card?

Thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi

I lost my credit card. What do I do to cancel that one Just in case someone found it?

Also how do I get the new card?

Thanks
    Sean
    Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747 and a representative will cancel your card and order a new one for you. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747 and a representative will cancel your card and order a new one for you. 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks for the quick reply

What are the calling hour's for that?

Is it freephone?

Thanks

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks for the quick reply

What are the calling hour's for that?

Is it freephone?

Thanks
    Hi Sean, 

The option to cancel your card on the phone menu is available 24 hours. The number is a low-call number when calling from a landline in Ireland. If calling from a mobile number, please check with your provider who will advise of the cost of the call as this would differ from provider to provider. 

Thanks 

Billy 

Hi Sean, 

The option to cancel your card on the phone menu is available 24 hours. The number is a low-call number when calling from a landline in Ireland. If calling from a mobile number, please check with your provider who will advise of the cost of the call as this would differ from provider to provider. 

Thanks 

Billy 

Ok that is perfect thank you

What details will I need to have ready for what they'll ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi seantobin43,

Thanks for your reply. 

You'll be asked your full name to cancel your card. Then to reissue you a new card, you'll be asked some security questions to verify your identity. We wouldn't be able to post these questions on Boards for security reasons but please rest assured the representative will be more than happy to help you with this.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi seantobin43,

Thanks for your reply. 

You'll be asked your full name to cancel your card. Then to reissue you a new card, you'll be asked some security questions to verify your identity. We wouldn't be able to post these questions on Boards for security reasons but please rest assured the representative will be more than happy to help you with this.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Would it be possible to do this using pm on boards.ie?

I can't ring until I'm home unfortunately

Hi seantobin43,

It wouldn't be possible to cancel this card over Boards. 
    We would advise you to cancel this card as soon as possible if you think it may be lost. If you would like to send us a PM with your name and contact details we can arrange a call from our credit card team for you. 
    To send a PM, please click the link in my signature below. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi

I rang about getting a new card. They blocked the old one and the new one is being sent out. My question is do they charge for a new card?

Thanks

Hi

I rang about getting a new card. They blocked the old one and the new one is being sent out. My question is do they charge for a new card?

Thanks
    Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your post. 

There is no charge for a replacement credit card. 

Thanks

Billy

Aww brilliant my friend was telling me I was going to get charged €8.... brilliant thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your post. 

There is no charge for a replacement credit card. 

Thanks

Billy

I checked my bank account this morning and €8 was taking out of my account from BOI, why did this happen?

Hi Seantobin43,

To clarify, there should be no charge for a replacement credit card, but this charge applies for a replacement Visa Debit card. Did you request a new debit card or credit card?

If you were charged a fee for a replacement credit card, please contact our cards team on 1890 251 251 and a representative can look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Seantobin43,

To clarify, there should be no charge for a replacement credit card, but this charge applies for a replacement Visa Debit card. Did you request a new debit card or credit card?

If you were charged a fee for a replacement credit card, please contact our cards team on 1890 251 251 and a representative can look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Oh sorry yeah it was a visa depict card

Hi

I got my new card and activated it in the 365 atm. But I can't add it to my PayPal account. It gives me a error message

"The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."

Why is this happening?

Thanks

Hi

I got my new card and activated it in the 365 atm. But I can't add it to my PayPal account. It gives me a error message

"The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."

Why is this happening?

Thanks
    Hi seantobin43,

Please try adding your card again and check that the details you have entered are exactly as they appear on your new card and also that your address is what you have registered with Bank of Ireland. 

If you still experience trouble in adding your card, please contact Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a colleague can look into this for you. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

I put a cheque into my back account last Wednesday. Could you check and see if it gone through yet?

Hi seantobin43,

We don't have account access here so would be unable to check this for you. 
    A Bank of Ireland domestic cheque can take three working days to clear in your account and a non Bank of Ireland domestic cheque can take three to five working days to clear on your account. If you wish to check this, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to help you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement