Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 24, 25), Aug 15-18, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tough game against Limerick for Dundalk but we should be able to see them off and make it three wins against them this season. Hopefully Ward gets rewarded for his FAI Cup display with a place on the bench. Cork with three players suspended will find their trip to Derry very difficult. Hopefully we will be 7 points clear come Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

3rd League game in a row I'm missing :( only good thing is we've won the other 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

The St Pats-UCD game is on Setanta which is a strange choice. We havent played particularly well against UCD this season but UCD's form is patchy so I think we will do just enough to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats twice UCD been on TV in the last month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats twice UCD been on TV in the last month.
    Hadn't been on tv since Rovers' title winning game in 2011 and first "non crucial" game of ours on TV since 2007. Very weird choice alright.
    If we can get something tomorrow, great. But to be honest, it's the following two games against Athlone and Bray that we have to get the points from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Could see a huge dent in the traveling UCD crowd.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

No idea what sort of Bohs will show up tomorrow, Wearen and Anto missing are big losses.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No idea what sort of Bohs will show up tomorrow, Wearen and Anto missing are big losses.

Drogheda 5/2 in places, massively overpriced IMO

19/10 Draw no bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 victory for Derry, pity work will mean I don't get along to it.

Think it will be a draw though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Another weekend, another 0 points. Congrats Sligo and Cork! Least I'll see them on Monday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nearly forgot we had a game tomorrow given that I've been concentrating fully on Monday V Rovers.

Murphy and Wearon absent will be big losses. I'm sure it's a game Mullers will come back into with Lopes going to RB. Whatever the selection we need to be positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Taking my little nephew to his first game tomorrow night. Hopefully it's the first of many of being an LOI fan for him. Although getting popcorn is top of his agenda.

He's four.

My little boy is 4 and 7 months, but I think I will wait another couple of years to start taking him to games.

I know for a fact that he would get bored during the game and want to leave, as I have seen this with friends who took their kids to games too early.

Also the fact that its a 50 mile round trip nearly for me to watch my games, and I aint back home til 10:30pm, and thats well past his bedtime.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Not confident about tonight, missing Patterson, Molloy and McBride unfortunately. Would take a scrappy win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Monday night will be interesting with Nutsy and possibly Glen Cronin with Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

0 all in Bray at half time. Obviously.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

1 nil to Bohs at half time against Drogs. Hit the crossbar twice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Shels one up away to Youths. O'Sullivan with a header after 14 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

ha came back to the computer to find i hadnt hit post on this:
    we have 2 keepers and a 16 year old on our five man bench tonight :/
    2 up at half time tho! our sligo loanees have done well this year!

10th clean sheet in 22 league games, 3 debuts and the attack improving, playoffs probably out of reach but its nice to have hope...
    come on shels! (dont get used to it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

****in Shels....bet on them in my accum for the 1st time in years :(

We went down to 10 and scored 2 more. Ucd got 2 late one but think we could have scored if we needed to.

So easy to score against us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Very entertaining game at Ferrycarrig Park tonight. Youths should have won it but Shels well worth the draw at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Phew! We left it late but got there in the end. We were pretty poor all evening. Lots of possession but gave it away all night. Meenan had his worst ever game for us and Shields was erratic.

Never looked like losing it but for a while it looked like we were dropping two points. Game was held up for a few minutes as the referee waited for a towel to be fetched to clean vomit off the pitch!

Hell of a result for Cork this evening. Pressure on us to get something in Sligo on Monday.

Wasn't at Derry Cork game but listened on radio, they seemed to be content with the 1-0 and apparently were on the back foot for most of the game. Derry playing some decent stuff at minute, just sound like we were missing Patterson tonight, created more than enough to deserve the point.

But thats the sort of result that good teams can get, and the reason why they are at the top end of the table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ****in Shels....bet on them in my accum for the 1st time in years :(

We went down to 10 and scored 2 more. Ucd got 2 late one but think we could have scored if we needed to.

So easy to score against us :(
    Did you see what Bolger did for the red? Couldn't see from my point of view but the ref had the red out in no time and it seemed to upset our players whatever he did.

Stupid mistakes cost us again today, especially just before half time. Two quality consolation goals though. Robbie Benson is a phenomenal player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

NIMAN wrote: »
    they seemed to be content with the 1-0 and apparently were on the back foot for most of the game. .

Did you mean to type that? Who the **** isnt content with 1-0 away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone in Dalymount catch what happened between Beattie and Gavin Brennan? They were both sent off. Gave each other plenty of verbals on as they left the pitch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone in Dalymount catch what happened between Beattie and Gavin Brennan? They were both sent off. Gave each other plenty of verbals on as they left the pitch too
    Missed it as well. Not even sure if the cameras will catch it.

Not speculating on whether they should have been sent off but Buttimer milked the occasion. Took an eternity to restart the game. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

oldyouth wrote: »
    Very entertaining game at Ferrycarrig Park tonight. Youths should have won it but Shels well worth the draw at the same time.

Were you watching the same match as I was?

I thought it was very poor, quality wise - especially from Shels.

Wexford deserved to win, I think.

I guess Mick - don't talk about the VAT - Wallace doesn't go to games anymore?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Did you mean to type that? Who the **** isnt content with 1-0 away :D

I know what you're saying;) but what I was hinting at is that Cork apparently played not much football, and we content to try to do well off setpieces.

Of course once they wrre 1-0 up they didn't have to attack any more, but I would hope that a team like Cork at the top of the table would be a more attacking, free-flowing team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

born2bwild wrote: »

Bloody exciting finish though! Either team could have robbed the win!

Mick doesn't come to many games anymore but he was there tonight. First time I've seen him at a match in about a month maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Bloody exciting finish though! Either team could have robbed the win!

Mick doesn't come to many games anymore but he was there tonight. First time I've seen him at a match in about a month maybe.
    Didn't see him - I scanned the subs' bench but didn't see his mop.

How did Wexford miss that header from 6 yards out halfway through the first half?

Ref and bench-side lino were brutal. No surprises there -the officiating in this league is awful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Not speculating on whether they should have been sent off but Buttimer milked the occasion. Took an eternity to restart the game. :rolleyes:

Good to know Buttimer's time in the FD hasn't cooled off his multiple red cards syndrome he has from last season. He must be the unluckiest referee in the game to have all these offences occur in his games time after time.

dfx- wrote: »
    Good to know Buttimer's time in the FD hasn't cooled off his multiple red cards syndrome he has from last season. He must be the unluckiest referee in the game to have all these offences occur in his games time after time.

He's pretty abysmal. Had a very poor game tonight.

Can't comment on the reds specifically because I didn't see what happened. Wasn't a great game in general, we've been playing some very poor football of late. Still, home wins are good occasions for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thought it was a poor game myself, neither side could get into any fluent rhythm. We missed Connolly badly but I think a draw was a fair reflection of the game,

• Advertisement

How did Wexford miss that header from 6 yards out halfway through the first half?

Ref and bench-side lino were brutal. No surprises there -the officiating in this league is awful

Mick hasn't been in the dugout for years and years, thankfully our coaching standard has moved on considerably. Mick was watching from the Astro turf end tonight. To the left if you were sitting in the stand.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Awful game from both sides. Delighted with 3 points. Buttimer continues to be a terrible referee.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mick has nothing to do with the Senior team but watches the games on his own, usually at the fence behind the goal at the astro end.

I thought the lino at the bench side was going to shlt himself whenever a decision had to be made. The ref was poor but at least there were no cards in the game. Very refreshing. I'd be more confident after that if it came to a playoff between Shels and Youths. Anyone who only say us in Tolka this year witnessed our two worst performances of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Real non entity of a game in Dalymount last night. We could have been 3-0 up in the first half.

We never got going in the second half and inevitably conceded. That's what you get when you sit back way to fúcking deep.

The space we offer up to opposition players is absolutely criminal. Our lads a good 20 yards away from their man.

Karl Moore showed glimpses against UCD last week and had his best game for us in a long time last night. He's eventually found out how to cross the ball and with some decent accuracy too.

Happy with the win but we're playing a horrible brand of football under Heary. If it gets us a result against Rovers on Monday I'll not say no but we're a tough team to come and watch.

Longford lose to Galway, why didn't we win yesterday :(

• Advertisement

So frustrating for us too. Pressure's right back on us now.

why didnt both of ye win?! :(

Goals for the FD side:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    Goals for the FD side:eek:

Cobh must be awful.

Fairly even game until the red card with 20 minutes left. Cobh missed a two-on-one from six yards at 3-0 which as their 8yr old fan said, summed the whole day up for them.

Had the game gone another ten minutes though, it could've been double figures. 10 of Rovers' goals have come against Cobh

Cobh always looked respectable in our games against them, particularly at home. Not sure why they can't get a result.

Be surprised if Cobh bothered staying in the League next season tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bray at home tonight. Not sure I can contain my excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How do ya think I feel then? Although maybe something bizarre will be pulled out of the bag!

Same here. Rovers at home and Fenlon's first game back. No big deal...

• Advertisement
Advertisement