Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 24, 25), Aug 15-18, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mushy wrote: »
    How do ya think I feel then? Although maybe something bizarre will be pulled out of the bag!

It's taken you longer than expected to achieve the "Alan Mathews is still our manager....boll*cks" syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Strange having 2 derbies vs Rovers in a two week span. We're due to take something off them at this stage. One of my pals signed for them from the SPL during the week, Padge Cregg. Be weird abusing him... Actually, no it won't. F*ck that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We're going to lose. Probably a tight loss, but a loss nonetheless.

Coleman Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We're going to lose. Probably a tight loss, but a loss nonetheless.

Coleman Out.

No, no, no! You will play great and have a convincing win, hear me!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Should be an interesting match in Inchicore tonight. We havent beaten Limerick yet this season and they have been playing well recently. Bolger's suspension is a blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope Heary is through with his fawning of Fenlon and sets us up in the right way.

Closing down would be a nice start and something that still hasn't been implemented.

Not sure what to expect but we need to be positive and have a go. No use lumping balls up because when we played them two weeks ago their defence mopped up absolutely everything. Will Heary learn? Probably not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bohs v Rovers called off due to unplayable pitch apparently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm in Dalymount. There's a tiny dimple in the turf near the peno spot. Ref calls it off. Absolute joke.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Embarrassing for us if true. Friend claims the pitch looks fine. Just getting food outside the stadium myself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Embarrassing for us if true. Friend claims the pitch looks fine. Just getting food outside the stadium myself.

Unplayable. ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Both managers are happy to play the game but the ref decides otherwise. An absolute shambles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

St Patrick's Ath ‏@stpatsfc 11m

20 minutes to kick off here in Inchicore. Pitch is looking well
    Dundalk FC ‏@DundalkFC 7m

Grass pitches eh?

:D

BvV1MnrIIAAvBZc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ive seen better surfaces on the moon than Dalymount, jaysus how hard is it to keep a football pitch in decent nick? Shocking carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Brain Dead decision by the ref

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ive seen better surfaces on the moon than Dalymount, jaysus how hard is it to keep a football pitch in decent nick? Shocking carry on.

Is that you Mr.Connolly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is that you Mr.Connolly?

I agree it is a poor decision by the ref but somebody could roll over on there ankle on that, at this level there is no excuse for that sort of carry on by Bohs pitch should be in better condition than that.

There's very little deviation in the grassy and muddy area. You can't see this in the picture. Everyone but the ref was happy to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What a joke. How can a decision like this be allowed to be made so close to kick off when you have the guts of 3000 people in or almost at the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dalymount has been allowed to fall into ruin by Bohemians. It's a tragedy to see a stadium that was once the home of Irish football slowly turn into a crumbling death trap. If the pitch is even a fraction as bad as the ground itself, it's a wonder they got a licence.

Pighead wrote: »
    What a joke. How can a decision like this be allowed to be made so close to kick off when you have the guts of 3000 people in or almost at the stadium.

Particularly considering the teams playing. Garda weren't happy at all with the decision.

• Advertisement

Apparently the Gardai had asked the ref to give it the go ahead. Insane decision by Connolly.

Dalymount has been allowed to fall into ruin by Bohemians. It's a tragedy to see a stadium that was once the home of Irish football slowly turn into a crumbling death trap. If the pitch is even a fraction as bad as the ground itself, it's a wonder they got a licence.

Not much point in spending thousands/millions maibtaining 4 stands when we get a couple of thousand at games. If the Irish footballing public cared about the home of Irish football they'd support its upkeep - they don't care.

The pitch is fine. There's a small divot at the penalty spot. The decision has been uniformly criticised by the media.

Dalymount is maintained by volunteers. It recieves no funding from the council or elsewhere which is the real disgrace considering its importance to the history of football in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've seen some dreadful decisions re. unplayable pitches, but that's the absolute worst one. Firstly it looks very much playable, but what's a real stinker is that he decided sooo very late. Braindead is definitely the word for it.

Few people telling me that the hole at the penalty spot was likely dug by a fox during the night. It wasn't there after the game on Friday.

I've seen some dreadful decisions re. unplayable pitches, but that's the absolute worst one. Firstly it looks very much playable, but what's a real stinker is that he decided sooo very late. Braindead is definitely the word for it.

The pictures make it look worse than it was. It was essentially a bald spot and the turf was not loose in the area.

Few people telling me that the hole at the penalty spot was likely dug by a fox during the night. It wasn't there after the game on Friday.

Pitch is normally inspected at 4 as well and it was fine then.

I brought two non regulars to the last Bohs v Rovers match. Im delighted I didn't ask any non regulars to this, the embarrassment of it. Sheer minnow carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

It's a bad pitch but far from unplayable. Crazy decision.

A couple from Germany were in the ground for the game, as well as some from St.Pauli and a group of Derby County fans who came over specifically to see the fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Just back:from Dalyer.

Convenient that with a lot of pressure on Henry, meeting us at home for the second time in 2 weeks after a walloping last time with loads of Bohs players unavailable that "inappropriate repairs" ( to quote the FAI) suddenly get made to the pitch on a night with no bad weather.

anncoates wrote: »

Convenient that with a lot of pressure on Henry, meeting us at home for the second time in 2 weeks after a walloping last time with loads of Bohs players unavailable that "inappropriate repairs" ( to quote the FAI) suddenly get made to the pitch on a night with no bad weather.

This is gonna cost Bohs a hell of a lot of money. Policing costs, fine, refunds. Far more than a defeat is worth when we're sitting mid table.

Conspiracy theories forum is in the soc category btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Ah here take it to the conspiracy forum :)

I assuming it must be worse than the pictures suggest though as the ref is taking a chance to make such a big call. Especially when you consider the kind of pitches we've seen deemed playable down the years.

I assuming it must be worse than the pictures suggest though as the ref is taking a chance to make such a big call. Especially when you consider the kind of pitches we've seen deemed playable down the years.

Few journalists were on the pitch having a look, all called it a crazy decision on Twitter. As you say, there's been far worse pitches (including Dalymount) where games have gone ahead.

Cops we were talking to were furious about it.

Dundalk losing to Sligo, Cork losing to Bray, Pats losing to Limerick.

What a strange night in the LOI.

We don't fear you. This is the same team that couldn't get it done against lowly Athlone only 3 days ago. With Nutsy back and a receipt on the cards for the League Cup semi, believe me, we wanted this.

Extratime just sent out this picture, and to me it looks even better than the one I saw on thread here

16685_10152177998446533_3691756980407482027_n.jpg?oh=50caff9a1baba91f5e7fb4e3d529d64d&oe=54715535&__gda__=1415583487_1969be8685b61c91945a40f082e22275

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Braindead is definitely the word for it.

Who made the final decision? The ref, or was it someone above him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Perhaps the referee had somewhere else to be...

dfx- wrote: »
    Perhaps the referee had somewhere else to be...

Clearly a closet Burnley fan.

Barry Fcukin Ryan!!!!

Wondersave after wondersave tonight, Limerick well organised and hit us well on the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We blew it tonight. Bray played with 10 for over an hour and we couldn't capitalise. Wasted opportunities galore and a lot of piss poor play.

Then Dundalk get a late equaliser. Puke. Sign of a champions elect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Three months and eighteen games since we were last beaten domestically. This team have formed a very nice habit of refusing to lose. They always seem to find a way to avoid defeat. Cork fans will be kicking themselves. Galway next in the cup. Few squad players (Ward, Mountney, Higgins, Griffin, Rossiter) should get a run out.

• Advertisement

Seems the pitch was worse than was initially presented in the media: https://mobile.twitter.com/RFJRogers/media

Seems the pitch was worse than was initially presented in the media: https://mobile.twitter.com/RFJRogers/media

Ah well that's irritating. Why didn't Extratime and co. show that before?

BvWj41UIAAEmHAQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looking forward to the time Dave Scully finally (how is he not there now) drops down to the first division so we don't have to witness his turgid acts on a football pitch. A disgrace tonight.

Ah well that's irritating. Why didn't Extratime and co. show that before?

Not too sure. Presumably they didn't get to see those photos that Rogers (4th official) took. Those divots were probably flattened down when they saw them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement