Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 24, 25), Aug 15-18, 2014

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well I take back what I said, as I'm sure most do. Annoying that that wasn't what the media decided to publicize.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Corholio wrote: »
    Looking forward to the time Dave Scully finally (how is he not there now) drops down to the first division so we don't have to witness his turgid acts on a football pitch. A disgrace tonight.

I was astonished when I discovered that he was signed by a manager that wasn't Aaron Callaghan...

...but then I remembered that Bray were managed by Alan Mathews. Everything then made perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bohs are a shambles of a club you wouldnt see that sort of carry on in the AUL, how can they let the pitch get so bad, jokers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Bohs are a shambles of a club you wouldnt see that sort of carry on in the AUL, how can they let the pitch get so bad, jokers.

That was obviously the work of a Fox or a rabbit, brobably happened over night.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Pighead wrote: »
    What a joke. How can a decision like this be allowed to be made so close to kick off when you have the guts of 3000 people in or almost at the stadium.
    How can a pitch be allowed get into that condition when you expect the guts of 3000 to turn up for matches?
    A big inconvenience for fans no question, even though they didn't have to travel half the country to get there, but could have been a bigger inconvenience to some player who got injured playing on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dan1895 wrote: »
    It's a bad pitch but far from unplayable. Crazy decision.

Divots, sand, bumps, watered plastic, there are bad pitches, it happens from time-to-time. Rovers played in a lake in Modena.

But how bad is that shopping centre goalmouth in the picture? It's a long time since there's been grass there that's a long term thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

It's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen Caddyshack at least a dozen times that Bohs have a gopher infestation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We're going to lose. Probably a tight loss, but a loss nonetheless.

Coleman Out.

1403496594.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    BvWj41UIAAEmHAQ.jpg

Remarkably intelligent fox to be able to use a turf cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »
    Divots, sand, bumps, watered plastic, there are bad pitches, it happens from time-to-time. Rovers played in a lake in Modena.

But how bad is that shopping centre goalmouth in the picture? It's a long time since there's been grass there that's a long term thing.

Having seen a few more pics of the pitch this morning I'm beginning to change my mind and think the ref made the right call. The pitch is in a shocking state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone have any other links of pics of the bad pitch?

Its pretty inexcusable to have an unplayable pitch. Its not like we have been going through a drought or serious floods or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The other pics from Rob Rogers' twitter

BvWjodZCIAAeZ-G.jpg:large

BvWjg5RIcAASBfx.jpg:large

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Later pictures definitely make it look like it was the correct call, that said, why he couldn't have made the call earlier in the day I don't know. Didn't seem that bad on Friday so I've no idea what happened over the weekend.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That was obviously the work of a Fox or a rabbit, brobably happened over night.

Not a chance a fox or a rabbit has done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Later pictures definitely make it look like it was the correct call, that said, why he couldn't have made the call earlier in the day I don't know. Didn't seem that bad on Friday so I've no idea what happened over the weekend.

The ref only arrives 90 minutes before kick off. How could he make the call earlier in the day?
    I'd say the fine Bohs receive for this will far outweigh their decision not to employ a groundsman.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The ref only arrives 90 minutes before kick off. How could he make the call earlier in the day?
    I'd say the fine Bohs receive for this will far outweigh their decision not to employ a groundsman.

I thought there was supposed to be an inspection at 4?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We should have won last night. Awful goal to give away. Good result considering the players missing.

Dundalk should have been down to nine men by half time. Ref only brought enough cards for our players.

Coleman is still a spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bad form from Bohs. Don't know what could have happened between Friday and Monday tbh. Inexcusable.

Why the game couldn't be called off earlier I'll never know. 25 mins before kick off is a disgrace.

As for the pitch, i would hope that Rogers and co didn't use anything to cut up that pitch deliberately. If it was the studs of their football boots then fine but if it was anything else like a turf cutter brought on that wouldn't have been used in the game itself then it's also poor form.

As for the conspiracy theories saying that we didn't want to play Rovers... Laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Even if the pitch was in a bad state surely the groundsman,staff or evening the fecking directors could have sorted it out in an hour or so !

Connolly is a joke though and this might see his quick demise.

Dundalk 1/6 on now-in the bag ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Seems the pitch was worse than was initially presented in the media: https://mobile.twitter.com/RFJRogers/media

Bohs President responded to that tweet last night,
    @bohsmatt wrote:
    @RFJRogers @seidodge Rob,you are showing a picture of pitch after refs ripped up relaid sods.Its not like thats the way the pitch was #biased
    @bohsmatt wrote:
    @johngosullivan @RFJRogers don't agree John,to facilitate that pic, the sod literally was forcibly ripped up, I was there when they did it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Gringo180 wrote: »

Grass pitches eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Those pics show how easy it was for the pitch to cut up and tbh it's an embarrassing situation for Bohs, you can't defend that pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Bohs fans should be embarrassed by those tweets from the club president.
    If the sods can be lifted by hand like that they're going to lift with studs easier. And that's damn dangerous!

Advertisement