Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Myler - Missing since Tuesday

Options
  • 14-08-2014 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Lads I just saw this on facebook, Joe Myler is missing since Tuesday. His wife, Michelle, nor any of his family or friends can get in touch with him. If anyone knows where he might be please contact the gardai.

Mod Edit: Putting in Joe's picture
    Mod Edit 2: Revised original post - last sighting was in fact on Tuesday and additional information byway of a WLRfm News Article

Joe Myler who's originally from Kilmacthomas, was last seen on Tuesday morning in the Cornmarket Street area of Cork City.Mr Myler who's a well known tattoo artist in Waterford city was reported missing to Waterford gardai yesterday by a family member. The 44 year old stayed in an apartment on Cornmarket Street in Cork on Monday night and was seen there at 9.30am Tuesday morning.He was due to start work in Cork City but concern was raised when he failed to show up. Joe Myler is described as 5 foot 5 in height, of stocky build weighing approximately 12 stone, with a shaved head and an unshaven face. He was last seen wearing a long sleeved dark coloured jumper with a distinctive white design covering the front of it, with dark coloured jeans or trousers, and dark or black shoes or runners. Gardai in Cork, who are heading up the search, have received a number of unconfirmed reports of sightings of Joe Myler by members of the public, including in the Cork and Clonmel areas. The gardai say they will investigate every report.They are asking members of the public who might have information, or Mr Myler himself, to get in touch with the Gardai in Anglesea Street, Cork on 021 4522000.

Source: http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/8012-cork-gardai-appeal-for-publics-help-in-locating-a-missing-waterford-man.html

318392.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

For those of us who don't know Joe Myler - can you post up a picture, where he was last seen, what he was last seen wearing and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Here is a pic... I really hope he is found safe... :(

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

He's a pretty well known guy ! Hope he will be found .

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Any more info? Likely places to be? Any signs of depression? Any illness? Left on good or bad terms? Could jog a few memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnlyons09

Hope joe is found safe and well. Really nice guy. Had a great tattoo done by joe bout 6 months ago. He is a fantastic artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

All the info I have is in the OP. I'm not going to be speculating on anything, I don't think it's appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My heart goes out to Michelle and family, hope he is home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hopefully he'll turn up soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's shocking that it took 4 days for the information to trickle down, surely the lads at Love Hate knew something was up when he didn't turn in for work on Monday Morning!

eeloe wrote: »
    It's shocking that it took 4 days for the information to trickle down, surely the lads at Love Hate knew something was up when he didn't turn in for work on Monday Morning!

As far as I know he was in the shop on Monday - the photo above of him tattooing was taken in the Love Hate shop on Monday and is on their facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see on TV that there is a tatoo festival taking place in belfast over the weekend,he hardly headedup there?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Possibly but I'm sure someone would have pointed out the social media exposure by now. Getting worrying at this stage

Thinking of Michelle, Dean, Joe's family, friends and tattoo family tonight. Hoping to wake up to good news in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Thinking of Michelle, Dean, Joe's family, friends and tattoo family tonight. Hoping to wake up to good news in the morning.

Fingers crossed man...

H

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

As far as I know he was in the shop on Monday - the photo above of him tattooing was taken in the Love Hate shop on Monday and is on their facebook page.

Sorry it was a typo, I know I said Monday, but I meant Tuesday....

He was due to work there all this week if I'm not mistaken?

eeloe wrote: »
    Sorry it was a typo, I know I said Monday, but I meant Tuesday....

He was due to work there all this week if I'm not mistaken?

As far as I know he was due to be back in his shop in Waterford tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Im hoping that he makes it back with a serious hangover and all is well...
    Its never nice to hear of people going missing, its even worse when you think of the family sitting and waiting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Last confirmed sighting was Tuesday morning around the apartment in Cornmarket St in Cork.

Joe Myler is described as 5 foot 5 in height, of stocky build weighing approximately 12 stone, with a shaved head and an unshaven face. He was last seen wearing a long sleeved dark coloured jumper with a distinctive white design covering the front of it, with dark coloured jeans or trousers, and dark or black shoes or runners.

He didn't show up to work that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

10599715_10153047396262004_7409682497228109181_n.jpg

He is found according to Wlr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

^Safe and well thankfully

Great stuff! :)

I'll close this thread now for the family to have some privacy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement