Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtain returns

Options
  • 14-08-2014 3:38pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Miss' got new off the shelf curtains in June, and between hols etc only got to hang them yesterday (I know !!)

so, put them up and found a small hole in 1 curtain - and it stands out.
    Receipt says exchanges only within 30 day period, which is over.

Am I still within my consumer rights to bring them back to the shop as it's a manufacturing fault ?

(tried to post this earlier but failed !!)

Thx

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes, the exchange policy would be for their own returns policy (e.g. unwanted/wrong colour/etc) and not manufacturing faults. You may need to argue this with them as sales staff are often taught to believe that the stores return policy is the only thing they need to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is clear cut - the goods are faulty, so therefore you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement. The store's own policy cannot override your consumer rights. Make sure to bring a proof of purcase with you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Brought them back yesterday evening.
    Lady gave me a replacement set without question, never even asked to see receipt.

Expecting a war of words but so easy after all.

Thx

Advertisement