Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance.

Options
  • 14-08-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased an expensive phone and I'd like to insure it against loss, theft and accidental damage. I looked it up on the internet and there's a few websites that offer what I'm looking for, though I'm not sure of the credibility of these insurers. Has anyone got any recommendations? It's an iPhone 5s, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

I would suggest www.mobilecover.ie. Found them to be great. I was insured with them (Zurich) when I was with o2 under fonecover.

Had new phone very fast and was back up and running. Just make sure you report theft to you network and Gardai within 24 hrs!!

Read all t and c's very carefully.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mel123

Have you bought it in a phone shop and have a receipt for it?
    I was with gadget insurance, my own fault I didn't read the t&c's properly, but because I had no receipt for the phone (I bought it on adverts) the insurance was worthless to me, absolute waste of money!

Just a tip incase you bought it from a friend or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You can add it on to your Home Insurance policy under 'Specified All Risks' and as previous poster mentioned keep receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Or unspecified all risks cover. This covers up to a max value. Only adds a few euro to the policy. Covers laptops iPad phone etc. works out cheaper that specifying the item.
    I have my insurance with vodafone. Costly at 10€pm but it works for me. Billed with the phone and when I did make a claim it was sorted within days. If the claims process is easy you don't mind paying. Could add it to the home insurance but thought this was was quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

What if it get's lsot? is there any insurance which will entitle you to a cash refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

There are some gadget insurance policies which will insure against lost. Unlikely that they will pay cash for a claim though. It's a risk mitigation against fraud to replace on a like for like basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭adammcknight

Anyone know how soon after I apply for insurance with mobilecover I can make a claim? I got a new phone the other day and learned from a previous mistake of not insuring it. I'm supposed to be heading out on Tuesday or Wednesday night and want to be confident I'm covered for damage, loss etc etc. I'll be applying for my policy tomorrow or Tuesday morning, depending on how soon I get the funds. Any help is appreciated! Or any suggestions of a different company to go with?

Advertisement