Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot open Web Address

Options
  • 14-08-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I cannot open a web address from Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I click on the URL it opens a link "Locate Link Browser". I looked up the Microsoft page and opted for "fix-it" automatically, but this did not work. Up to a few days ago I could open URL's from Outlook. I am aware that MS Office 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

cnoc wrote: »
    I cannot open a web address from Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I click on the URL it opens a link "Locate Link Browser". I looked up the Microsoft page and opted for "fix-it" automatically, but this did not work. Up to a few days ago I could open URL's from Outlook. I am aware that MS Office 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried holding the CTRL key and clicking the link? Also try disabling Office addons and see if it helps. Can't remember how to do this in Office 03 but I think its under options in the tools menu or addons under tools

Nick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

As an alternative have you tried right clicking the link and clicking copy link, and pasting to your browser address bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Thank you for the replies. I think it is best to copy and paste the address in my browser.

Advertisement