Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray School Project lift to school

• 14-08-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Guys, we both work full time and we are looking for someone who also has a child starting in bray school project at the end of August who can give our child a lift. We also have another child who will be attending a creche by woodies in bray so we will need a lift to and from school for him too. Anyone able to help? Many thanks. Andy.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Probably best to move this to a Wicklow forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

If you're asking for someone to give your child a 'lift', then it sounds like you'd be expecting the child to be picked up around maybe 15 minutes before school starts. Is it not possible for either of you to bring the children to their location before you go to work?

If not, then it's probably useful to explain at what time you'd be hoping for the person(s) to start minding your child before school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

andyhanley wrote: »
    Guys, we both work full time and we are looking for someone who also has a child starting in bray school project at the end of August who can give our child a lift. We also have another child who will be attending a creche by woodies in bray so we will need a lift to and from school for him too. Anyone able to help? Many thanks. Andy.

Not the friendliest of requests for help I've seen..
    A rephrasing exercise could help your chance of a positive reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andyhanley

Hi fortwilliam. Do you live in bray? Im not sure if your offering help?

• Advertisement

Are you intending to pay the person for their taxiing?

If you're asking for someone to give your child a 'lift', then it sounds like you'd be expecting the child to be picked up around maybe 15 minutes before school starts. Is it not possible for either of you to bring the children to their location before you go to work?

If not, then it's probably useful to explain at what time you'd be hoping person(s) to start minding your child before school.[/

Hi. 8.45. Are you in a position to help?

quote]

Are you intending to pay the person for their taxiing?

Do you have a child that will be attending the school?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anyone wishing to assist andyhanley please make contact via PM.
    I don't think that it is necessary to add anything else to this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement