Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable donation for rescue cat?

• 14-08-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi, so it looks like I will be getting a cat from a local rescue in the coming week.
    They are great rescue and the work they do is amazing.
    I'm just wondering what people think is a suitable donation to give the rescue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Do they have an adoption fee? Normally that's anything from €80 - €120, but if they just adopt out with a donation, whatever you could afford would be appreciated. Well done for going the rescue route :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd normally look to at least cover whatever routine vet costs have been associated with getting the animal ready for rehoming, so enough to cover vaccinations, neutering and chipping.

This means by rehoming this cat you are freeing a space for the next and covering their vet fees as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I would say as much as you can afford, if you can cover the neutering/spaying cost and vaccs etc that would be great and if you could afford more even better! Happy days with your new rescue kitty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My local rescue charges 60€ for cats. If getting a kitten they give you a voucher to get them neutered when the time is suitable.

Advertisement