Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring a ladder on a Dublin bus?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I need to get a ladder to a friends'. Do you think I'd be pushing it bringing one on a Dublin bus?

I'm thinking like a 5-6' free standing, triangular type ladder? (That folds flat)

What do you think? I know they frown at bikes, so I think there's a good chance they'll tell me to get ****ed...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I need to get a ladder to a friends'. Do you think I'd be pushing it bringing one on a Dublin bus?

I'm thinking like a 5-6' free standing, triangular type ladder? (That folds flat)

What do you think? I know they frown at bikes, so I think there's a good chance they'll tell me to get ****ed...

Bit selfish no? Dublin Bus is bad enough without dealing with someone with a ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

You might get away with it when it's quite, but no way in rush hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I reckon no.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Go to a taxi rank near to you and ask a driver with hatchback to bring it for you. No facilities on modern buses to bring ladders.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Go for it. It's only a step ladder. It doesn't take up that much room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Do you have to travel far?

Are you planning on going during rush hour?

If not, and it's just a step ladder, I don't see why not as long as you can stand in the wheelchair/buggy section without being in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If it is 5-6 ft tall, I'd say it is wee bit bigger than a step ladder.

Give it a go OP. All they can say is no. If you are traveling at off peak times, the bus is relatively empty and the driver thinks that you can get it safely onto and off the bus, without whacking if off other passengers, or the bus itself, he may say yes. Or he may say no because it breaks rule 54(b) of Dublin Bus bylaws. You never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

dan1895 wrote: »
    Bit selfish no? Dublin Bus is bad enough without dealing with someone with a ladder.

I think it depends a lot on the time of day and bus route. The 145/46a at 9am - I agree with you 100%. But I've been on a few different less popular routes, first thing on Saturday or Sunday and it's not uncommon for it to be virtually empty.

Advertisement