Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age difference?

• 14-08-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question to get peoples thoughts. Is ten years to much of an age difference for a lasting relationship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

mrty wrote: »
    Hi all, just a quick question to get peoples thoughts. Is ten years to much of an age difference for a lasting relationship?

18 and 28 is acceptable. 18 and 8 isn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

No...maybe...it depends.
    Everyone's different.
    What age are you now?
    Are you a male/female or same sex couple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

No, but it can be. Not for me and my fella - he's 10 years older but very young at heart. Into the same kind of music as me (as well as different stuff), a huge range of friends of all different ages and types, dresses in a style that suits him rather than *ahem* "age appropriate" (whatever that is...). Is completely comfortable around my younger friends, as am I with his older ones. All those things make the age difference completely unimportant.

However, my ex-husband (also 10 years older) was a different kettle of fish, although I didn't recognise it at first. He was stuck in his comfort zone of only listening to music from his youth and couldn't even stand to listen to mine, never mind like it. Wore a jeans/jumper combo at ALL times (I had a problem with this, wrongly as it happened, but I felt it compounded all the other fuddyduddy things about him - my bad :(). Couldn't feel comfortable around my younger friends and actually made a point of wanting me to drop them as it (??) showed him up for his age.....I think you can see where I'm heading with this. It IS a problem if one or both of you has a problem with it. No problem at all if neither of you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

OP this issue comes up every now and again

and the answer is always a form of the following:

It's not the ages of the people involved but what they are looking for in life right now

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Depends id say so. I have 10 years difference with my partner and i dont notice at all. We are quiet similar - dont go out much etc so maybe thats why.

How old are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mrty

maria34 wrote: »
    Depends id say so. I have 10 years difference with my partner and i dont notice at all. We are quiet similar - dont go out much etc so maybe thats why.

How old are you?

Mid 30's was just wondering what people thought because there is a girl who likes me but she's 10 years younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mid 30's was just wondering what people thought because there is a girl who likes me but she's 10 years younger.

My wife is 14 years younger. It's a problem if you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Do you like her? Are you in same stages in life? Because if she is a mad party girl with hundreds of friends and you are a quiet homeboy then i doubt it works. Actually age isnt here a big factor here. Just go out with her and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Ask her out. You're not proposing marriage or anything - it's just a date. If the pair of you are compatible age isn't going to come into it. 10 years can be as little or as much as you want it to be be.

Advertisement