Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicked out with 24 hours notice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Find out when her surgeries are and doorstep her!! A letter/e-mail telling her of the problems in writing probably won't hurt either.

They call them clinics... Surgery is not something you should have done by your TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

srsly78 wrote: »
    They call them clinics... Surgery is not something you should have done by your TD.

Whatever they are called, I'm sure the OP knows what I mean. But thank you for pointing that out...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Surgeries are the UK name for exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi , has your brother tried getting in touch with the Peter McVerry Trust? A friend was given a nice modern bright 1 bed, D.15, nice area, under the rent allowance cap through them on a long lease, but there were conditions such as weekly visits from his services and a housing liaison officer would come out to check all was OK , first weekly now much less frequently.
    At first they checked his fridge and presses for drink and to ensure he was buying food.
    It was a transition for him to live alone at 40 after being in hospital for a mental health issue for years, or else a halfway house. Now he is totally independent and stable and has done advocacy work for people moving back into the community or for vulnerable adults and home making skills.
    Fr P. McVerry Trust is aimed at vulnerable people facing homelessness, I think you should try phoning to arrange a meeting.

Advertisement