Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani Convoy down quays

Options
  • 14-08-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

A convoy of Pakistani cars just went down the north quays towards the city centre beeping horns and flashing their double indicators. The cars had Pakistani flags on the bonnet. Any idea what's going on?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Double indicators are for going up into the sky is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

daveohdave wrote: »
    Double indicators are for going up into the sky is it?

Danger indicators then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cppbutler

It's Pakistans Independence Day if that's any help.

No idea why the convoy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Apart from the flag, how would you recognise a 'Pakistani car' in Dublin? :confused:

When I see 'double indicators', I think hazard warning lights. Then I have a good look around, and try not to freak out.

When/if I witness such a convoy in Wickla I will head for the hills - and not the Wickla hills! :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

cppbutler wrote: »
    It's Pakistans Independence Day if that's any help.

No idea why the convoy though.

Well we have convoys (also known as parades) to celebrate our national holiday, as do the French, Americans and countless other nationalities.

Sounds to me that it was just a group of Pakistanis who live in Dublin celebrating their national holiday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement