Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport car park for 2 hours?

• 14-08-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am going to drop a family member to Dublin airport at terminal 2, what are the charges like for 1 or 2 hours of parking there?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi,

I am going to drop a family member to Dublin airport at terminal 2, what are the charges like for 1 or 2 hours of parking there?

3 per hour in the short term car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

so 6 euros for 2 hours or does it get cheaper?
    Stheno wrote: »
    3 per hour in the short term car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No, unless you buy full days in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why do you need to spend up to two hours in the airport when dropping someone off? Most travellers want to get the security stuff out of the way ASAP so will your family member who's travelling really want you hanging around and keeping them landside when they'd probably prefer to go straight to the security queue as soon as they walk in the door of the airport? How long does it take to say 'goodbye and safe trip'?

If you plan to drop someone off at T2, drive to the car park, find a space, park the car and then walk back, they will be hanging around in the check-in area for up to 20 minutes with nothing to do, it doesn't really make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for the input everyone.

I paid 3 euros for 45 min stay...

Goodbye took 30 minutes :)

Thanks for the input everyone.

I paid 3 euros for 45 min stay...

Goodbye took 30 minutes :)

I'm sure it was well worth it for the 30 minute hug ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Just to add it's actually €3 for the first hour and then €4.50 for each subsequent hour in the short term, meaning a 65 minute stay will set you back €7.50:eek:

veetwin wrote: »
    Just to add it's actually €3 for the first hour and then €4.50 for each subsequent hour in the short term, meaning a 65 minute stay will set you back €7.50:eek:

That's would make it an expensive coffee if you're seeing off someone who's flight is delayed. But it also encourages people not to hang around which increases the probability that you will find a space to park if you're seeing someone off like the OP and you need less than an hour.

Advertisement