Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on Elgin Road Ballsbridge Dublin 4

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for car parking on Elgin Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, specifically near the American embassy (42 Elgin Road).
    Could anyone please suggest?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What time do you have to be there at? It is mainly a residential area, so there is plenty of on street parking around. The spaces can fill up early with office workers, but if you give yourself enough time to drive around and look for a space, you should be able to find one ok. Or you could park in the D4/Ballsbridge Hotel (or whatever the old Jurys is called now) which is just across the road from the Embassy. You'll have to pay whether you park on the street or in Jurys. There ain't no free parking in Ballsbridge during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I used to have my dentist opposite the US Embassy for many years and visited regularly /sigh. There was always plenty of paid (€2.90/hr iirc) parking spaces within less than 100m of it, right on Eglin Road, which was additionally nice due to the significant security presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, I doubt if there are all that many cars broken into/vandalized/stolen in that part of D4 during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Parked on the Elgin street, it was 1 min from embassy but costed like 7 euros for 2 hours.

Advertisement