Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS GO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lukker- wrote: »

Is the idea to not play on the same servers as Russians?

Yeah that's the idea but Ruskis love Europe West servers too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah that's the idea but Ruskis love Europe West servers too :pac:

I did this and I have to say I have gotten much better games since selecting West Europe servers.

Starting to miss this tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmm, just went back to try CS GO with G-Sync off hitting 300 fps rather than playing with G-Sync on at 144 fps.

It feels slightly faster which made a big difference.

In Nvidia control panel I have set up CS GO to not use G-Sync and everything else to use G-Sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm DMG at the moment. Currently on a 6 game win streak with no rank up.

Over the last 6 games I've 163 kills, which means an average of 27 kills per game. One of the games was a 44 bomb, and another 36.

Still DMG though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Got to Mg1 now, and I've literally no one to play with bar one guy who is mge. MM is such a joke most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Danger781 wrote: »

Over the last 6 games I've 163 kills, which means an average of 27 kills per game. One of the games was a 44 bomb, and another 36.

Still DMG though..

DMG to LE is possibly the most tedious position to be in apart from SMFC to Global. You might need to go 10-12 games in a row with wins and be finishing top 3 on the leaderboard for each game. Don't worry if you lose one or two here or there. Just try to make sure you are winning 7-8 games out of ten overall in your record and you will rank up eventually.

Falthyron wrote: »
    DMG to LE is possibly the most tedious position to be in apart from SMFC to Global. You might need to go 10-12 games in a row with wins and be finishing top 3 on the leaderboard for each game. Don't worry if you lose one or two here or there. Just try to make sure you are winning 7-8 games out of ten overall in your record and you will rank up eventually.

The annoying thing is the lads I queue with have all ranked up.. otherwise I probably wouldn't even have noticed the win streak!

Note: We were all DMG

The annoying thing is the lads I queue with have all ranked up.. otherwise I probably wouldn't even have noticed the win streak!

If you want to boost your chances of ranking up faster, I would recommend lobbying with guys who have a higher rank than yourself. If you go into a game with LEs or LEMs, MM will place you against those ranks. If you can beat people at those ranks while you are DMG it will be a huge boost to your rating - especially if you are topping the leaderboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Wait until you reach supreme ☺ ge is a bastard to get into haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've been Mg2 for ages now. 2-3 of the lads from my regular group are away atm so I rarely get a game..mainly casual :pac: Anyone out there need an extra, feel free to add me.

steamcommunity.com/id/TheParty

I've been Mg2 for ages now. 2-3 of the lads from my regular group are away atm so I rarely get a game..mainly casual :pac: Anyone out there need an extra, feel free to add me.

steamcommunity.com/id/TheParty

Can't add you now as I'm at work.. DMG at the moment

steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

....but really LE! :pac:

Can't add you now as I'm at work.. DMG at the moment

steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

....but really LE! :pac:

Ah, nice. Group I play with are around MGE/DMG. I'll add you soon, available at weekends only though cos college :D

Today I reminded myself why I do not bet :)

100% loss rate from 4 bets.. about 2 yoyos each

if it makes you feel any better I've lost 200$ betweeen yesterday, and today.

vlad2009 wrote: »
    if it makes you feel any better I've lost 200$ betweeen yesterday, and today.

It is only a waste/loss if you didn't have fun or enjoy it. :)

• Advertisement

Went big on mousesports today... welp

• Registered Users Posts: 5 craity

Hello guys,

I am looking for team to play @GLAN. Only global with some online achievements such as ESL 1on1s/5on5s / ESEA RWS 12+ / FACEIT lvl10.
    I am planning on winning it. Hit me up @ steamcommunity . com/id/craitys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hmm, just went back to try CS GO with G-Sync off hitting 300 fps rather than playing with G-Sync on at 144 fps.

It feels slightly faster which made a big difference.

In Nvidia control panel I have set up CS GO to not use G-Sync and everything else to use G-Sync.

Try ULMB @ 120hz, feels the best to me,on the downside it dulls down the monitor quite a bit.

For competitive fps games where you need to be very fast and precise the way to go seems to be if you can get a solid 120-144+ fps [ ie easily in csgo] turn on ULMB @120hz [if you can tolerate the dulling down on the screen]

Still DMG though..

Pretty sure I'm going to be DMG forever at this stage :)

Think I've won 9 out my 11 previous games, hitting 25-30k every game - Even when we lose.. Meanwhile my friends are up and down between DMG and LE.

Pretty sure I'm going to be DMG forever at this stage :)

Think I've won 9 out my 11 previous games, hitting 25-30k every game - Even when we lose.. Meanwhile my friends are up and down between DMG and LE.

I can play a match or two with you tomorrow if you want? I was SMFC (my rank might be hidden now though as I haven't played in a while), but a couple of wins and you should be LE or at least very close to it. Add me on Steam if you want :)

• Advertisement

I can play a match or two with you tomorrow if you want? I was SMFC (my rank might be hidden now though as I haven't played in a while), but a couple of wins and you should be LE or at least very close to it. Add me on Steam if you want :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

Need more Irish people to play with!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

Need more Irish people to play with!

Sent u an add couple of days ago. Bunto | trading is my nick

Sent u an add couple of days ago. Bunto | trading is my nick

Oh i deleted the request.. I tend to do that when people have trading in their name lol :P

Send me a new one I'll add you later :)

Anyone else watching DreamHack Cluj-Napoca? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Anyone else watching DreamHack Cluj-Napoca? :D
    Can't wait for it tbh. I'm hoping TSM can break their duck this time round. Would like to see envy-us and Vp do well...A fnatic win would be meh. .. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Who loves cobble? 5 games on it so far, so much for a random map!

some good games today, can't wait for tomorow! won all my bets but 1. Anyone else see the crappy set up tho? like the room they were playing in looked a bit iffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

some good games today, can't wait for tomorow! won all my bets but 1. Anyone else see the crappy set up tho? like the room they were playing in looked a bit iffy.

Lost my first bet today ever was 9/9 but had most of my bank on it €11 :( really want to get a knife but refuse to spend real money

who did you bet on?

who did you bet on?

Cloud9 Let me down,

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    Cloud9 Let me down,

Let me down too, I had this gut feeling that lg would win but at the last moment placed a bet on C9. LG are unbelievable on lan. But if you want to make anything in betting stay away from betting on NA teams

Two bets so far this major with two losses. Apparently I'm just bad at betting lol.

Two bets so far this major with two losses. Apparently I'm just bad at betting lol.

Let us know who you are doing so we can bet on the opposite team :D

Let us know who you are doing so we can bet on the opposite team :D

I bet on Fnatic earlier with my remaining betting funds. I may have caused them to lose.

rip 240$ today. was up so that mount, and today was just the worst day ever. I'm sad for my loss, but also TSM's loss, that's just devastating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭A.Gorilla

What a day of upsets. I reckon it's envy us''s tournament to lose now.

I have over a 1000 hours in this game but I find pro games so boring to watch. I don't get it.

After losing 300$ over the last 2 days. When I decide to quit betting and trading for a while, ...... I unbox a karambit doppler! and an ST Aquamarine AK.

I have over a 1000 hours in this game but I find pro games so boring to watch. I don't get it.

The skill? Some of this stuff these pros pull-off is insane. It also helps you become a better player; learning flashes, smokes, and general positioning. A lot of it has to do with tension as well. I wouldn't call myself an e-sports follower, but whenever there is a CS:GO major, I watch what I can. The same can be said for football. Why do people watch football when you could just play it yourself? :P

• Advertisement

After losing 300$ over the last 2 days. When I decide to quit betting and trading for a while, ...... I unbox a karambit doppler! and an ST Aquamarine AK.

:eek: how much did you spend? what version Doppler is it?

I agree about watching CS, on a pro level you can learn a lot. spot on about the football.
    how much did you spend? what version Doppler is it?

I had like 60 keys left, so I thought I'll open 40, and if I get nothing I will buy arma 3 with the rest of the keys. It's a Phase 4 doppler.

The skill? Some of this stuff these pros pull-off is insane. It also helps you become a better player; learning flashes, smokes, and general positioning. A lot of it has to do with tension as well. I wouldn't call myself an e-sports follower, but whenever there is a CS:GO major, I watch what I can. The same can be said for football. Why do people watch football when you could just play it yourself? :P

Yeah I completely agree. I can't stand watching football.

All I have learnt from watching pro matches is that you need a decent team and coordination to get to global elite. Solo-queuing won't cut it.

I like the highlights clips on reddit of brilliant plays, but its the other 99% of the game that I find boring. Also I have no affinity to any team. I don't care who wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

1point off the gold pickem, but also finally hit Supreme yesterday.:cool:

Yeah I completely agree. I can't stand watching football.

All I have learnt from watching pro matches is that you need a decent team and coordination to get to global elite. Solo-queuing won't cut it.

I like the highlights clips on reddit of brilliant plays, but its the other 99% of the game that I find boring. Also I have no affinity to any team. I don't care who wins.

Decent team, in parts, yes. But, I managed to earn my Global again by queuing with randoms, add the odd player I meet and mostly play 2-3 in a lobby with 2 randoms. It can be done, but yes, it would be a lot quicker if you had a full team. Less stressful too. Most of the pros aren't ranked by Valve. They don't care about their ranks. I watch them for the crazy, ridiculous stuff they pull out of nowhere. Guardian on NAVI was pulling off outlandish AWP shots, unbelievable stuff!

The added bonus of getting a souvenir case possibly worth 20 euro is also nice! :D

Anyone who uses the MM server blocker may want to download the latest version and add the Warsaw server to the block list. Played 2 games today with all Russian/Polish speaking players that were frankly terrible, had no info all game so just ended up muting them both.

2 heavy losses and I'm surprised I didn't derank tbh. Before this I was on a good run, mainly solo queing on West Europe servers and climbing the ranks, up to LEM now.

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone who uses the MM server blocker may want to download the latest version and add the Warsaw server to the block list. Played 2 games today with all Russian/Polish speaking players that were frankly terrible, had no info all game so just ended up muting them both.

2 heavy losses and I'm surprised I didn't derank tbh. Before this I was on a good run, mainly solo queing on West Europe servers and climbing the ranks, up to LEM now.

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

couldn't agree more with this

just out of a game their

3 of us premade, it decided to team us up with 2 russians.
    other team was a 5 man premade, we lost 16-14

and of course the 2 russians were both below 10frags.

In all my games I have never once seen a russian carry or do decent
    they all seem to be awful at the game or trolls.

They need their own servers its becoming a joke. either that or hopefully steam decides to ban russians from it because of the syrian crysis.

GOD I HATE THEM SO MUCH :pac::pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    or hopefully steam decides to ban russians from it because of the syrian crysis.

?????
    Not sure how you got from csgo to steam banning Russian players because of what's happening in Syria

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    couldn't agree more with this

just out of a game their

3 of us premade, it decided to team us up with 2 russians.
    other team was a 5 man premade, we lost 16-14

and of course the 2 russians were both below 10frags.

In all my games I have never once seen a russian carry or do decent
    they all seem to be awful at the game or trolls.

They need their own servers its becoming a joke. either that or hopefully steam decides to ban russians from it because of the syrian crysis.

GOD I HATE THEM SO MUCH :pac::pac:

If you just play on Western European servers you encounter very little Russians, even while solo queuing.

?????
    Not sure how you got from csgo to steam banning Russian players because of what's happening in Syria

It's a joke going around cs go users that steam was considering to block all Russian accounts. Cyka blehhh

I learned the hard way not to solo queue at lower ranks. If someone wasn't going AFK / abandoning, then you had people getting mad because they go down 3-0 or 4-0. The toxicity among the lower ranks means it just isn't worth it. I had assumed, now that I'm LEM that solo queue might be bearable. Man was I wrong..

For anyone wondering, it doesn't get any better at higher ranks. I had one guy on my team literally give up and just start getting salty because we lost the first 4 rounds. He spent the remainder of the game saying how bad everyone is and putting us off during clutch situations etc.

In an attempt to stop him, another team mate got super salty and started arguing with him. This pretty much went on from about round 6 onwards. They proceeded to try and prove who had the bigger virtual penis by making incorrect calls to each other, team damaging / killing, and just general smack talk over voice chat.

Third guy on my team ended the game with 4 kills. Did not speak once during the whole game, never made call outs.

Never again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement