Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS GO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

RIP CSGO. And RIP accurate aiming and praise RNGesus
    http://gfycat.com/BoilingSevereGreatdane

They released a patch to fix the bugs already.. and caused some more , now the gun (R8) only costs 700$ to buy , it's listed as 850 but only withdraws 700 from your balance...

L e L

papu wrote: »
    They released a patch to fix the bugs already.. and caused some more , now the gun (R8) only costs 700$ to buy , it's listed as 850 but only withdraws 700 from your balance...

L e L

Who needs a few in-house testers when you have millions of live testers free of charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Rifle and pistol changes appear to be rolled back :
    http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13394/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Burgo wrote: »
    Rifle and pistol changes appear to be rolled back :
    http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13394/

Good. I started getting good at spraying with AK mid-long range

I must be the only person not happy with this. This game has become too reliant on spraying. I felt that patch was a step in the right direction. Valve mention this:
    As it turns out, the adjustments didn’t really achieve the goal either – our rifle data shows that players in all skill groups are still spraying more than tapping or bursting.

Of course there isn't going to be much of a statistical difference with such a small change. Nobody on reddit even realised what the change was attempting to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I must be the only person not happy with this. This game has become too reliant on spraying. I felt that patch was a step in the right direction.
    Thing i would notice is that the spraying takes place at short range, in fairness when spectating after death, i think most people do tap/burst at range

I must be the only person not happy with this. This game has become too reliant on spraying. I felt that patch was a step in the right direction. Valve mention this:

Of course there isn't going to be much of a statistical difference with such a small change. Nobody on reddit even realised what the change was attempting to do.

I'm not happy with it either, most of the guys I play with arent happy with the reversal too. Well the problem is their data is only gathered from mm, their own servers and I find it difficult to consistently get one taps, its much more reliable to just spray people down, even at range. Where as on faceit,esl etc I can one tap with a lot more consistency.
    The only thing they needed to do was buff the glock as T pistol really was a joke.

The glockenspiel needs a buff?

I'm going to leave that autocorrect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone been watching Dazed stream recently? Was hilarious tonight. :pac:

Also I've dropped from Gold 3 to Silver 4 in three weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Orizio wrote: »

I haven't played since the Summer. This is what I'm afraid will happen me instantly if I start playing again now :P Currently gold nova master I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I haven't played since the Summer. This is what I'm afraid will happen me instantly if I start playing again now :P Currently gold nova master I think.
    You should be the same misky. I've only played a couple of matches since taking a looong break and was gold NM still.....If you fancy a few matches let me know.....get the other lad off his console tho......

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    You should be the same misky. I've only played a couple of matches since taking a looong break and was gold NM still.....If you fancy a few matches let me know.....get the other lad off his console tho......

No GPU at the moment. Going to buy an aul R9 390 in the next week or so.

Definitely be on for a few games of csgo then, I miss that shít :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Orizio wrote: »

Not blatantly obvious to everyone as I don't think there was a big announcement just posted in the forums, but Valve changed the ranking algorithms - hence why people are seeing big changes to their MM ranking. The new update has changed it so it's more bell curve centred on gold nova 4. A lot of people I've been playing with have dropped a few ranks from 1-2 losses and not gained any rank from a 16 win streak.

Also if anyone wants to add me as well, steam name is the same <---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Not blatantly obvious to everyone as I don't think there was a big announcement just posted in the forums, but Valve changed the ranking algorithms - hence why people are seeing big changes to their MM ranking. The new update has changed it so it's more bell curve centred on gold nova 4. A lot of people I've been playing with have dropped a few ranks from 1-2 losses and not gained any rank from a 16 win streak.

Also if anyone wants to add me as well, steam name is the same <---

I just added you there. I also got de-ranked to DMG recently, was LE.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good change, less than 1% of people GE now, was too easy to get there before.

Really good explanation of the changes

Just lost to hackers on office and deranked to MG1 :/ gone from MGE to MG1 in about 2 weeks..both of those losses were after 3-4 game win streaks

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Many irish up for a few games ?

Im a 1.6 player played for years, getting into cs go now starting to like it after a while!

I was MG 2 at the start, down to nova 4 stars? dont have a clue about ranks and skins mean **** all to me, im use to getting games on IRC!

edit: whats with all the russians? absolute headers!

pittsburgh wrote: »

edit: whats with all the russians? absolute headers!

Welcome to modern day CSGO :D

• Advertisement

Welcome to modern day CSGO :D

Competitive cool down should be waived if you quit because there's 4 Russians on your team :pac:

Ox66mVt.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lost 3/15ish games since they fixed the ranks and deranked after each one. Im starting to get worried that I might actually be a silver :(

Lost 3/15ish games since they fixed the ranks and deranked after each one. Im starting to get worried that I might actually be a silver :(

One of my friends played his first game in about a week today. Got deranked from MG2 to MG1 then GNM. Another friend today went from MGE to MG1.

The ranks have been rejigged to have a somewhat more even bell curve distribution. Found this on reddit. The right side is the new system. There are far more silvers now.

gS9UB2S.png

Anyone need a new mouse https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700 :pac:

Ha that's kinda cool especially the headshot counter :D

The original Rival is a great mouse, some interesting and gimmicky features, Not sure how I feel about Rumble in a mouse but it could be really cool if games actually take advantage of it. Lights , and screens on a mouse is a bit much though.

I got a new 27 inch monitor. I can't hit **** now. Its too big.

• Advertisement

I got a new 27 inch monitor. I can't hit **** now. Its too big.

Got a 24 inch Asus VG248QE playing it on blackbars!

not a chance could I imagine playing it full screen! can only imagine trying to play fullscreen on a 27 inch!!

you must have to sit back a mile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

First game since probably 2007.

I see the AWP is still the annoying weapon of choice for boring assholes.

anyone around mg2/1/gn4 up for a few games, play most evenings looking for a few people to play with - alot better in a party than getting bleeding russians

anyone around mg2/1/gn4 up for a few games, play most evenings looking for a few people to play with - alot better in a party than getting bleeding russians

Add me there, steam ID is the same name.

Add me there, steam ID is the same name.

Added you last night man

Anyone else feel free to add me - smarven

Would be nice to get a few people who play as a team and not be baited by russians all night!

So I've been demoted to DMG (soon to be MGE) from LEM with this new monitor(excuses :pac:), I have some observations from my tiny sample size of games.

People's aim isn't that different. It's game sense and positioning that is miles off. On T side, nobody seems to care about map control. You get berated if your not part of the clump hanging outside b. You get flanked very often as a result. I got bitched at so much for being the last one alive simply because I was lurking around mid while they were pushing a site. If they take the site, I pick up two frags+ and garrantee the win. I don't normally play this role but almost no one seems to do it effectively at DMG/MGE. Lurking also prevents CT from quickly and freely rotating. It stops them from having complete map control.

The other is positioning on CT, especially when getting rushed. They just stand out in the open and expect to get an ace or die trying. Slowing them down and backing off so it's not 3v5 is a perfectly viable option. People peak by swinging out too much too. You want to expose yourself to one T at a time. Don't run a wide angle to suddenly see three T's.

The worst thing about these mistakes is that I kept getting berated for "not helping". Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe I haven't got this game figured out as much as these guys.

• Advertisement

So I've been demoted to DMG (soon to be MGE) from LEM with this new monitor(excuses :pac:), I have some observations from my tiny sample size of games.

People's aim isn't that different. It's game sense and positioning that is miles off. On T side, nobody seems to care about map control. You get berated if your not part of the clump hanging outside b. You get flanked very often as a result. I got bitched at so much for being the last one alive simply because I was lurking around mid while they were pushing a site. If they take the site, I pick up two frags+ and garrantee the win. I don't normally play this role but almost no one seems to do it effectively at DMG/MGE. Lurking also prevents CT from quickly and freely rotating. It stops them from having complete map control.

The other is positioning on CT, especially when getting rushed. They just stand out in the open and expect to get an ace or die trying. Slowing them down and backing off so it's not 3v5 is a perfectly viable option. People peak by swinging out too much too. You want to expose yourself to one T at a time. Don't run a wide angle to suddenly see three T's.

The worst thing about these mistakes is that I kept getting berated for "not helping". Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe I haven't got this game figured out as much as these guys.

Have to agree with you I'm only new to CS GO but i would say i very good game sense from years of 1.6

80% of players are happier to get a kill than win the round!

E.g train last night tight game think it was 13-13 we where T and going towards B - i was getting shot at by 1 CT, my teammate was behind the wall beside him - instead of popping while im trouble and killing him and we both live and win the round, he waits till he has killed me and than pops after he has reloaded and gets killed himself! . Game lost!

And dont get me started on the smokes and flashes, I honestly think my own team flashes and smokes me more than the opposition!

Lurking is fine as long as it works, really though once the call is made to push the site you should go along with it. If you get caught lurking its a free kill to the ct and no chance of a refrag. It really depends on the situation but usually its stronger to set up crossfires in the site, especially if you're lurking you probably have your utility left to smoke and flash off the entry points.

I do agree that at that level positioning, peaking, mouse placement, and decision making is poor. But that's all stuff you hopefully fix with time.

E.g train last night tight game think it was 13-13 we where T and going towards B - i was getting shot at by 1 CT, my teammate was behind the wall beside him - instead of popping while im trouble and killing him and we both live and win the round, he waits till he has killed me and than pops after he has reloaded and gets killed himself! . Game lost!

The amount of times I've had 2 teammates beside me watching me get shot / die (for example while planting) and literally doing nothing WHILE LOOKING AT THE CT shooting me.... /facepalm

Add me guys if you up for a few games - smarven

Got ranked down to silver elite...Ah well it is what it is. Anybody needs another add Bilco on steam.(maybe mrbilco )

• Advertisement

My fears have been confirmed. I'm a Silver II haha. Haven't played since last Summer so start playing regularly and see how I can improve that. Was Gold Nova Master before rank upset.

My fears have been confirmed. I'm a Silver II haha. Haven't played since last Summer so start playing regularly and see how I can improve that. Was Gold Nova Master before rank upset.

Lol

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Lol

Shaddup Bilco :P

after a 7win streak , lost 2 in a row and fell 2 ranks.. Supreme to LE.
    RIP

The silver ranks is where it's at lads. Great bitta craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I deranked from LEM to DMG in the space of a few games. Back up to LE now though.

Anyone around Silver 4/Master or Gold Nova 1/2? Looking for more people around that rank to play with.

Stupid chickens.....gotta kill em all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Got into Gold4 recently. Jaysus it's a whole new world of pain and instant headshots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement