Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS GO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Was playing a comp match yesterday and there was 2 guys on my team that were obviously helping the other team, it was so annoying that I had to abandon the match.

How can you help the other team?? :confused:

Did you report them for griefing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

There was 3 times where they could have one the round and they were just doing stupid things, but my suspicion comes from how one of the guys on the other team literally knew where all of my team was each round. I left like 6-7 rounds in because it was just a joke really. I didn't report because it didn't cross my mind at the time, I was just annoyed that people would do that, and I was also put on cool down for leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jjon

There was 3 times where they could have one the round and they were just doing stupid things, but my suspicion comes from how one of the guys on the other team literally knew where all of my team was each round. I left like 6-7 rounds in because it was just a joke really. I didn't report because it didn't cross my mind at the time, I was just annoyed that people would do that, and I was also put on cool down for leaving.

A lot of the time though, it comes down to game sense and foot steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Was playing CS earlier and I have never seen an in-game VAC ban, but then this happened:

354522.jpg

And within the next 10 seconds...

354523.jpg

Glad to see it happening though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Falthyron wrote: »
    Was playing CS earlier and I have never seen an in-game VAC ban, but then this happened:

Glad to see it happening though! :D

Oh the satisfaction! :D

Did you think he was sketchy?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh the satisfaction! :D

Did you think he was sketchy?

I hadn't seen anything, but a few of the lads I was playing with saw him do some dodgy things. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

got a nice clutch earlier (i dont play awp), mind you there was 2 russians on team griefing/team killing/roaring down mic who later abandoned game :/

had 4 or 5 games of just russians giving up after the first 3 eco rounds which ruins the game but open a chroma 2 case and this gem too :P the trade ban tho
    MfXihgy.png

im MGE now so if anyones up for a few games lemme know , can download skype , ts or mumble which ever suits :). also anyone reccomend a good gaming monitor that isnt gonna tear into my account :P im currently using a bog standard samsung 100 euro monitor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was wondering what this whole overwatch yoke was about. Sounds like something that could easily be abused.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/
    How does the Overwatch work?
    Prospective Overwatch Investigators are presented with an active Overwatch button in the main menu, which indicates that there is a pending case for them to evaluate. The investigators can then choose to participate by watching a replay (eight rounds’ worth or roughly 10 minutes) and selecting a verdict.
    If the investigators collectively agree that an offense has occurred, a ban will be issued. The ban duration will depend on the severity of the offense and the suspect’s history of convictions, if any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

jjon wrote: »
    -noborder When in windowed mode, using this will allow tabbing in and out an instant success. No more waiting for a few seconds. (Tip: tie this together with -windowed to play at full screen for easier tabbing out.)

Very handy for alt-tabing alright, thanks.

Just started playing GO, used to play a lot of 1.6 and TFC. Very much enjoying playing CS again. Just ordered a new headset to boot.

Looking forward to be able to play competitive matches. Need to get to level 3. Still a lot to learn, but with the 1.6 back ground I'm not starting from scratch at all.

• Advertisement

Scody94 wrote: »
    got a nice clutch earlier (i dont play awp), mind you there was 2 russians on team griefing/team killing/roaring down mic who later abandoned game :/

had 4 or 5 games of just russians giving up after the first 3 eco rounds which ruins the game but open a chroma 2 case and this gem too :P the trade ban tho
    MfXihgy.png

im MGE now so if anyones up for a few games lemme know , can download skype , ts or mumble which ever suits :). also anyone reccomend a good gaming monitor that isnt gonna tear into my account :P im currently using a bog standard samsung 100 euro monitor :P

People like you are why I have stopped opening cases! :pac:

I have spent way too much on opening cases and the best I have received was a Factory New AWP Worm God and one of the very first knives. Everything else has been absolute garbage. :o A friend of mine has received two knives (good ones too! Sold for £150) an AWP Asiimov Field Tested Stat-Trak, and other decent guns - lucky ba$tard! I am resigned to the fact my account is simply not on the magical list of awesome loot, so no matter what, I will never get anything decent! :pac:

I have spent way too much on opening cases and the best I have received was a Factory New AWP Worm God and one of the very first knives. Everything else has been absolute garbage. :o A friend of mine has received two knives (good ones too! Sold for £150) an AWP Asiimov Field Tested Stat-Trak, and other decent guns - lucky ba$tard! I am resigned to the fact my account is simply not on the magical list of awesome loot, so no matter what, I will never get anything decent! :pac:

After many disappointing case opens Ive decided to just buy camo I like rather than flush money down the toliet to get the same gun camo 20 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

think its only the 2nd red skin ive unboxed , ive never even seen a kinfe on the scroll wheel :p and im ashamed to say how much ive possibly spent on cases :s prob still at a loss

Skins are an idiot tax :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I was wondering what this whole overwatch yoke was about. Sounds like something that could easily be abused.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

The players in the match you watch are all renamed. The suspected player is called The Suspect. All the chat and voice comms are muted as well.

You have no idea who you are looking at and so you can't really be coerced into a verdict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Skins are an idiot tax :pac:

I didn't quite hear that over the sound of the knife I unboxed.

• Advertisement

The players in the match you watch are all renamed. The suspected player is called The Suspect. All the chat and voice comms are muted as well.

You have no idea who you are looking at and so you can't really be coerced into a verdict.
    That sounds very promising, thanks for the breakdown of the process.

I didn't quite hear that over the sound of the knife I unboxed.

Check out mine :cool: http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimebox3/inventory/

neeel currently has 0 items in their inventory. :pac:

neeel currently has 0 items in their inventory. :pac:

The real thing isn't much different http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimebox3/inventory/#730

Anyone have any tips for betting on today's ESWC matches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone have any tips for betting on today's ESWC matches?

Yeah. Don't bet on BO1's.

haha good advice, but they're all BO1. its my first time betting so I threw down some low end skins, I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

orrrrrr small bet the underdogs :P

I wouldn't usually watch pro games but I watched the eswc yesterday. n0thing managed to get over 30 kills in the final game which they lost 14-16. He was sick as a dog all day. Interesting that e-sports isn't hugely affected by physical well being if you prepare properly. I play like complete **** if I'm a little bit tired

reSSdZ8.jpg

****ing smurfs ruining the game....

Its a disease that needs an immediate vaccine. 1 guy ruined an entire game with his ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

****ing smurfs ruining the game....

Its a disease that needs an immediate vaccine.
    smurfs??

smurfs??

Vanity.png

smurfs??

lol @ pic ^

A smurf is someone who is a very good player at CSGO and has a high rank but they make a second steam account and play with lower levels, usually doing extremely good against the lower skill level. In order to feed their already over sized egos.

lol @ pic ^

A smurf is someone who is a very good player at CSGO and has a high rank but they make a second steam account and play with lower levels, usually doing extremely good against the lower skill level. In order to feed their already over sized egos.

And sure enough it kicked me down a rank because I kept bumping into the same idiot smurf... Annoying.

(1am edit) Lovely, more smurfs proudly admitting it and again wrecking a few hours of games. Is Valve likely to do anything about these ***** or has this been the way its always been and always will be?

(4am edit) Always finish the night on a good game :) Its such an amazing game when its smurf free and well matched.

And sure enough it kicked me down a rank because I kept bumping into the same idiot smurf... Annoying.

*Lovely, more smurfs proudly admitting it and again wrecking a few hours of games. Are they likely to do anything about these ***** or has this been the way its always been and always will be?
    ah have seen that alright the casual gtameplay is full of them sad really who cares if they are that nuch better like if i was playing cs about 6 years or more i would expect to be of a certain standard if im honest

• Advertisement

The steam community page is very funny.

8575C4FFFB13B27423CEFADDD0D5DC6BEA1C7D0D

4AB7D284FCB1F70D7CF73BB684CFA657B449F4D6

This video entitled "What smurfing in CS:GO feels like" explains some of the allure of Smurfing :eek:

do skins improve weapon performance at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

do skins improve weapon performance at all?

Yes, they make them 1000% more accurate.

Burgo wrote: »
    Yes, they make them 1000% more accurate.

Thanks for that. They say counter strike players are generally very helpful to noobs ��

Lads the reason I was asking is some YouTube clip I seen was showing stats for a skin and it said if you sell it the star resets to yours???

Skins are entirely cosmetic, so their worth is only in the eye of the beholder i.e. worthless :pac:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the star resets to yours".

Skins are entirely cosmetic, so their worth is only in the eye of the beholder i.e. worthless :pac:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the star resets to yours".

Sorry meant stats not star

Sorry meant stats not star

Some guns are classified as 'StatTrak'. This means the gun/skin has a counter on the side of it which monitors the amount of kills with that gun/skin. If you choose to sell that gun/skin, the person who buys it will have the StatTrak feature reset to 0, so they can start counting their kills with the gun/skin.

Some guns are classified as 'StatTrak'. This means the gun/skin has a counter on the side of it which monitors the amount of kills with that gun/skin. If you choose to sell that gun/skin, the person who buys it will have the StatTrak feature reset to 0, so they can start counting their kills with the gun/skin.
    that makes sense thanks

• Advertisement

I have heard a lot of the smurfing and Russians (lol) seem to gravitate to Dust II so I think I'll start unchecking that from the map search. I'll give it a go.

I have heard a lot of the smurfing and Russians (lol) seem to gravitate to Dust II so I think I'll start unchecking that from the map search. I'll give it a go.

Did you try that server picker program after?

I did but they still get in lol. It does work but they obviously love west Euro servers lol

Its a great program. Ping is well better now due to using it.

What was the program you mentioned?

Jesus csgo is so popular with Russians and Eastern Europe

What was the program you mentioned?

Jesus csgo is so popular with Russians and Eastern Europe

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

Played my first competitive match this evening after reaching level three and got called a smurf!

I Played plenty of 1.6 competitive games so had a head start.

Looking forward to playing more. But I can definitely see how it could get frustrating with certain people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Played my first competitive match this evening after reaching level three and got called a smurf!

I Played plenty of 1.6 competitive games so had a head start.

Looking forward to playing more. But I can definitely see how it could get frustrating with certain people.

You'll find a lot of whingers who can't accept that if the other guy might just actually be better than them. My OH is ranked GN3 and consistently is up in the top one or two scorers on the team when playing competitive. She routinely gets accused of being a smurf or a hacker simply because she's better than them. It's just how it goes unfortunately. There are no shortage of d1ckbags in CS.

Lemming wrote: »
    You'll find a lot of whingers who can't accept that if the other guy might just actually be better than them. My OH is ranked GN3 and consistently is up in the top one or two scorers on the team when playing competitive. She routinely gets accused of being a smurf or a hacker simply because she's better than them. It's just how it goes unfortunately. There are no shortage of d1ckbags in CS.

Suppose I should get used to it for a while so.

Hopefully I will be able to play competitive with friends rather than with randoms all the time which would greatly improve things.

If any of the boards.ie here play I'd be keen to get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Suppose I should get used to it for a while so.

Hopefully I will be able to play competitive with friends rather than with randoms all the time which would greatly improve things.

Yeah playing with people you know makes it a lot more fun, I guess this goes for most games too :D

What's your competitive rank?

Anyone doing the operation missions? Only kind of starting into them now.

Just finished the 20 CZ75 kills on casual. Pain in the ass!

• Advertisement
Advertisement