Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS GO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dpb199120

I've recently built my gaming rig about 4 months ago and just got into csgo competitive. I'm currently unranked but would be looking to play with some other decent folks from here instead of single queuing and having to put up with the nutjobs you get put on a team with. Anyway hit me up on steam - EliteMuffBadger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

what way does the ranking go when playing in a group ? does it pair off with people of the highest rank in group or average ?

Scody94 wrote: »
    what way does the ranking go when playing in a group ? does it pair off with people of the highest rank in group or average ?

In my experience, the opposing team tend to have a higher average rank than your team's average rank. I cannot prove that this is the case though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Won my first 3 competitive games with negative KD. Completely carried by the team. If this keeps up, my rank is going to be way too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

In my experience, the opposing team tend to have a higher average rank than your team's average rank. I cannot prove that this is the case though.

Mhh.. and if you are in the opposite team ? you have a highter average rank.. CQFD ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Won my first 3 competitive games with negative KD. Completely carried by the team. If this keeps up, my rank is going to be way too high.

I was under the impression that your rank had to do with your individual score more than games won. So if you're not placing well or getting many MVPs you wouldn't be getting much in the way of experience towards your rank bar the exp of the game win. I don't think if you play 10 "poor" games that you win you'll end up with a high rank. Best of luck with it all, you'll only get better with practice and time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

That isn't how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

My understanding of the ranking system is this:

A win adds a certain number of points to a numerical value that indicates rank. You can add to this value of points by playing very well (e.g. many MVPs or high scoring).
    A loss deducts a certain number of points to a numerical value that indicates rank. You can mitigate the loss of some of these points by having played very well, despite the loss. (e.g. many MVPs or high scoring).

Therefore, this encourages all players to try and play well regardless of outcome as it can help you reach a higher rank, or help prevent dropping a rank should you lose. I have been Supreme Master First Class (2nd highest rank, top 0.5% of the CS:GO population if estimates are to be believed) for about 6-8 weeks now. I have won 4-5 games in a row sometimes, and then others I might lose 4-5 games in a row. There have been times when I am on my fifth loss and I think to myself "Yup, de-rank is real", and I don't de-rank because in the games I have lost, I am still scoring highest or 2nd highest on my team. Finally, to prove that individual performance is credited, I ranked up in a game which ended in a draw.

marko93 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that your rank had to do with your individual score more than games won. So if you're not placing well or getting many MVPs you wouldn't be getting much in the way of experience towards your rank bar the exp of the game win. I don't think if you play 10 "poor" games that you win you'll end up with a high rank. Best of luck with it all, you'll only get better with practice and time :)

From what I've read your rank is based on rounds won, and bar MVP your individual score has no effect. I'm no expert though. I used to be very good in the old days but those days are long behind me, I'll never have the time to get back to those dizzying heights ;l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm sure most people will probably find this post a bit silly, but I think I have the incorrect mouse for how I play.

I bought myself a Zowie mouse a few months back but it's a palm grip mouse. I assumed I'd be fine with swapping to a palm grip but I'm finding I always swap back to claw / hybrid grip without realising. I think it's actually affecting my game a bit because I'm kind of holding the mouse at an angle like this \ across the mat which makes spray downs pretty difficult. Precision aiming isn't a possibility for me either.

Am I trying to blame the mouse or is the mouse the issue? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm sure most people will probably find this post a bit silly, but I think I have the incorrect mouse for how I play.

I bought myself a Zowie mouse a few months back but it's a palm grip mouse. I assumed I'd be fine with swapping to a palm grip but I'm finding I always swap back to claw / hybrid grip without realising. I think it's actually affecting my game a bit because I'm kind of holding the mouse at an angle like this \ across the mat which makes spray downs pretty difficult. Precision aiming isn't a possibility for me either.

Am I trying to blame the mouse or is the mouse the issue? :confused:

those zowies aren't the biggest mouse so it could just be that its not big enough for you to palm. I've had my deathadder since 2007 and in 07 I was really palm gripping it but now with a bit of growing involved it's a claw effort, so they're not really one size fits all in terms of 'this is a palm grip mouse' could just be the wrong size for your hand.

for the precision aiming element all you can do really is lower your sensitivity or change mousemat or change how you grip. if your sens is high I'd change that first

those zowies aren't the biggest mouse so it could just be that its not big enough for you to palm. I've had my deathadder since 2007 and in 07 I was really palm gripping it but now with a bit of growing involved it's a claw effort, so they're not really one size fits all in terms of 'this is a palm grip mouse' could just be the wrong size for your hand.

for the precision aiming element all you can do really is lower your sensitivity or change mousemat or change how you grip. if your sens is high I'd change that first

I've this mouse which is what I would consider pretty large. It's far bigger than my previous mouse. http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product&p=17

My sens is pretty low as it is.. 450DPI @ 1.7 in-game sens. Can probably lower it a little bit more alright with some desk adjustments so I have more space. I feel like my micro-movements (?) are letting me down, which is arguably down to my sensitivity. I also feel like the angle I have to hold the mouse at isn't helping either.

I've this mouse which is what I would consider pretty large. It's far bigger than my previous mouse. http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product&p=17

My sens is pretty low as it is.. 450DPI @ 1.7 in-game sens. Can probably lower it a little bit more alright with some desk adjustments so I have more space. I feel like my micro-movements (?) are letting me down, which is arguably down to my sensitivity. I also feel like the angle I have to hold the mouse at isn't helping either.

Some people say it is baloney, but having a good mouse is essential to performance. I use a Logitech G400s; it's not an expensive piece of kit, but it has a very good DPI, it feels comfortable in my hand, and has a solid movement to it.

If you think your mouse is a problem, exhaust all other settings before changing.

don't know if I'd call that low sens! I use 1.025 400dpi 500hz polling 6/11 windows and all the noaccel halal freetrade mouse fixes known to man :D.

I know its a kind of big mouse but it's a little smaller than the deathadder so it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't able to fully palm it.

if you just rest the inside of your knuckles on the top of the mouse with your fingers going down as far as comfortable on the buttons, and have your palm slightly lifted, that's how I grip, and for really small movements you can put the base of your palm down on the mousemat for extra control. then it's just a case of using your whole arm for movement and just keep your wrist still except for really fine control.

You can put your thumb down from the mouse then onto the mat, and push against it with the mouse for tiny tiny controls to the point of swapping which eye of the enemy you're aiming at from dust2 pit to A platform. not that you ever need that kind of control but if you were at higher sens then that could be the movement needed to move from a shoulder to their head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I was told by a friend he considered the Razer Deathadder the best mouse of all time and if his broke he'd get another one the same again.

So I got the Razer Deathadder. Have it a year now and absolutely love it :D

Think it's the Deathadder 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I use the Corsair M65 FPS gaming mouse. Fits my hand very well.

26-816-033-TS?$S300$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

features-led.png

mouse-left-top.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

mousey
    What DPI and in-game sens?

Much more comfortable than plastic I'd guess.

What DPI and in-game sens?

Much more comfortable than plastic I'd guess.

It's crazy comfortable, but it can be unreliable, there's a lot of jitter at times. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

So looks like the ESL cologne finals are in a few cinemas here; Odeon, Vue and UCI Coolock.
    http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/films/esl_one_cologne_counter_strike_global_offensive_live/16083/

Burgo wrote: »
    So looks like the ESL cologne finals are in a few cinemas here; Odeon, Vue and UCI Coolock.
    http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/films/esl_one_cologne_counter_strike_global_offensive_live/16083/

That is fantastic to see.. Wonder could we convince Omniplex to stream it

Yeah, wonderful to see Ireland supporting these events. I might actually pop-in, but I think the Indiana Jones trilogy is being shown in the Lighthouse Cinema on the same day. Decisions, decisions!

In the meantime, some Source 2.0 next-gen footage of CS has been leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Burgo wrote: »

That's a surprise to me. Has that happened before in Ireland? I wonder how many people it will attract.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    That's a surprise to me. Has that happened before in Ireland? I wonder how many people it will attract.

Not that I'm aware of, It's been shown on the same day as some Esports documentary is been released. I know a few places have shown The International finals which I would imagine would attract a larger crowd than CS would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Falthyron wrote:
    In the meantime, some Source 2.0 next-gen footage of CS has been leaked.

That is just a joke video.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah we packed over a 100 into a room last year for TI. Looking for somewhere bigger this year.
    That's class about the CS, I only see coolock as a choice?

yeah we packed over a 100 into a room last year for TI. Looking for somewhere bigger this year.
    That's class about the CS, I only see coolock as a choice?

Yeah I was in Odessa, turned into a bit of a sweatbox :P
    http://www.esportsincinema.com/ If you use the map on the right side of page and search dublin it shows a list. The Odeon isn't listed on there though.

• Advertisement

I don't have the time to commit to a lot of competitive matches, so I've been trying to squeeze one in every other evening. The last three on the trot have had at least one on my team disconnect. The last one we were down to 3 players and 2 bots.

Lost 16-12 with me at the top of the team. It's getting irritating. The competitive matches are great, I love how much higher the stakes are and the maps work better with the smaller teams, but it's a pain in the hole when you can't rely on your team mates. :(

I don't have the time to commit to a lot of competitive matches, so I've been trying to squeeze one in every other evening. The last three on the trot have had at least one on my team disconnect. The last one we were down to 3 players and 2 bots.

Lost 16-12 with me at the top of the team. It's getting irritating. The competitive matches are great, I love how much higher the stakes are and the maps work better with the smaller teams, but it's a pain in the hole when you can't rely on your team mates. :(

Guessing you're in the silver range?

Guessing you're in the silver range?

Haven't got a rank yet, but it's been putting me in with people in the GN3 - MG1 range.

Haven't got a rank yet, but it's been putting me in with people in the GN3 - MG1 range.

Ah okay. I noticed in the silver range often times teammates would be going AFK / disconnecting etc. Happened less and less as my rank increased.

Ah okay. I noticed in the silver range often times teammates would be going AFK / disconnecting etc. Happened less and less as my rank increased.

It could be that the ones who are disconnecting are other players like me who are still in their 'probation' period, since they'd have no rank to protect. Only thing I can think of - it's bloody annoying though. ;)

I didn't play for a week and now I top frag in two games... I thought I'd be rusty... It makes no sense

• Advertisement

I didn't play for a week and now I top frag in two games... I thought I'd be rusty... It makes no sense

If I go more than a couple days I'm rusty as hell :rolleyes:

If I go more than a couple days I'm rusty as hell :rolleyes:

Just got my ass handed to me. Normal transmission has been resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Got to 10 wins tonight and got my rank. Master Guardian I. Thank f*ck, those competitive cool downs were a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Nice man!

Hey guys,

I am just back after 3 weeks away from CS:GO. If you would like to see a couple of matches against Supremes add me on Steam and you can watch my broadcast. I should be on around 7pm. Expect some hilariously bad mistakes as I try to get my reactions back to what they were 3 weeks ago!

My Steam profile is in my signature, or you can just look for Liber8or on Steam.

• Advertisement

Just realised I have a weapon in my inventory that's currently worth ~17.30. What the hell? Who is spending that kind of money on a weapon skin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Silver Elite is better than Master Guardian right.

Just realised I have a weapon in my inventory that's currently worth ~17.30. What the hell? Who is spending that kind of money on a weapon skin?

That's very little for a skin :confused:

That's very little for a skin :confused:

It's really not.

It's really not.

If you sort the market by price you won't get very far when you reach €17. Factory New M4 Hot Rod goes for about 70 keys. M4 hyper beast for about 30. They're "normal" guns. You want an M4 Howl? Be prepared to fork out over 300 keys. Factory new StatTrak knives with a good pattern can go for twice that. Want an AWP Dragon Lore? You're looking in the region of 600 keys.

Keep in mind keys are roughly €2.

I'm aware that there are more expensive items out there, but what you said in your previous post doesn't follow from that - those prices are insane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm aware that there are more expensive items out there, but what you said in your previous post doesn't follow from that - those prices are insane.

Based on? That means everything worth anything in the world is priced insanely, it's supply and demand. Art etc

Based on? That means everything worth anything in the world is priced insanely, it's supply and demand. Art etc

There are a number of reasons why I don't think the comparison is apt - but there's probably no point in getting into an argument over it.

Suffice it to say, things are in my inventory that are worth way more than I would have expected and I'm shocked. ;)

There are a number of reasons why I don't think the comparison is apt - but there's probably no point in getting into an argument over it.

Suffice it to say, things are in my inventory that are worth way more than I would have expected and I'm shocked. ;)

What is it out of curiosity? :D

What is it out of curiosity? :D

It's a P90 Emerald Dragon. Can't even remember where it came from, it must have dropped in my last foray into CS:GO back in ~2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement