Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Dublin

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Myself and my partner are buying a house/apartment in Co. Dublin. We haven't decided on a location yet as we are still trying to find a suitable area. So we have a budget of 105,000.
    I am just wondering can anybody advise a few locations that would be a nice area?
    My OH works in Dublin 22, and i will be applying for jobs when we find a suitable house/ apartment.
    thank you in advance for replying to my questions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

shaz21 wrote: »
    Myself and my partner are buying a house/apartment in Co. Dublin. We haven't decided on a location yet as we are still trying to find a suitable area. So we have a budget of 105,000.
    I am just wondering can anybody advise a few locations that would be a nice area?
    My OH works in Dublin 22, and i will be applying for jobs when we find a suitable house/ apartment.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at the moment €105k won't get you much in terms of a house in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Sorry but at 105k I don't think you could even live in Finglas. A friend of mine bought an apartment in Tallaght a few months ago. Apartment is ok he says (2 bed) but the area is a kip as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

shaz21 wrote: »

your looking at clondalkin/ tallaght/ ballbrigan/ maybe D15 at a stretch. Apartments is most likely as 105 won't buy a house and one bed apt at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There is a two bedroom cottage in Inchicore coming up on my home for 95k, it needs refurbishment but its under you budged.

There is a one bed apartment in Blanchardtown coming up at 89k.

mariaalice wrote: »
    There is a two bedroom cottage in Inchicore coming up on my home for 95k, it needs refurbishment but its under you budged.

95k plus refurb... so over and with refurbs its a case for budget plus alot of extras. realistically i'd say its a one bed apart for the OP

• Advertisement

Blanc, Inchicore... The problem is OP at such a low budget your going to have to accept a sh1thole like these. Could you not up your budget by 50k?

Looking at my home its surprising what you can get for under 100k in Dublin considering what the media and general consciences says about property prices.

Blanc, Inchicore... The problem is OP at such a low budget your going to have to accept a sh1thole like these. Could you not up your budget by 50k?

This isn't aimed at you but it always make me laugh a bit about Inchicore some people want cosmopolitan urban living but somehow the gritty urban locals are to go away. Inchicore is not the worst by a long shot and its got real advantages as regards public transport.

Blanch isn't what you describe the facilities and services in D15 are the best of any where not to mention large number of industrial estates that the OP will need to look at for work.

Looking at my home its surprising what you can get for under 100k in Dublin considering what the media and general consciences says about property prices.

can you put up a few links as I'm not seeing anything much for under 100k in dublin

• Advertisement

can you put up a few links as I'm not seeing anything much for under 100k in dublin

I don't know how to link it but if you got to myhome and put in all of Dublin and under 100k you will get 12 page of property granted the majority are apartments but there are houses as well.

There is an apartment in Thornfield square Clondokin coming up at 65k, although that's under offer.

Blanch isn't what you describe the facilities and services in D15 are the best of any where not to mention large number of industrial estates that the OP will need to look at for work.

I used to work there so agreed. The problem is more related to social problems.

I used to work there so agreed. The problem is more related to social problems.

True there are problems but no more than any other area in Dublin. Have you lived in Dublin 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is an apartment in Thornfield square Clondokin coming up at 65k, although that's under offer.
    Agents are having difficulty getting anyone except investors to look at apartments at the moment, so they are pitching the prices a good deal lower than they expect to get.
    This is in contrast to houses where they have people coming to the first viewing with their deposit in hand.

Also note that the primary demand at present is for family properties, so 1 bed apartments in particular are seeing little to no recovery.

I personally think two young professionals buying a 1-bed or even 2-bed apartment is crazy, because they are almost guaranteed to need to move out within five years, either because they break up or have a child.

Advertisement