Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght youth club needs your help

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all.

(Admin I hope im not breaking rules, If I am just delete the thread)

I am one of a few adults that run the youth side of the Killinarden Angling Initiative, we have been going since march of this year and currently have 35 youths from the age of 10 to 18 signed up and learning how to fish. We currently have allot of them on a competitive level.

We are sponsored by Dublin Angling Centre, who have been amazing but theres only so much they can do!

But I come here looking to people for help. As you can imagine is costs an arm and a leg to bring youths fishing, ATM we have 20 feeder rods and reels and tackle for float and feeder fishing.

So if there is anyone out there with any sort of tackle or equipment or tackle they dont use and would be willing to donate to our cause it would make a world of difference to these kids..

What we need most:

Landing nets
    Keep nets
    mats
    rods and reels
    Pole rods...

We are always in need of:

Floats
    Feeders
    any sort of camping gear

you get the idea,

You can see what we have done so far here...

I cannot post a link because Im new, but if you search Killinarden angling initiative on facebook you will find it...

Any sort of help will make a huge difference!!!

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

No one?

No old tackle or rods laying around that the missus is at you to get rid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sorry but there are groups catering for kids all over the country who need tackle. I cleared out my surplus gear 2 years ago to a local angling initiative for kids.

Thanks for the reply Srameen.

I only posted this on a whim, so if anything comes from it, its a bonus.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

No one?

No old tackle or rods laying around that the missus is at you to get rid of?
    Hi Pat.I have some old stuff (rods, floats etc) that you can have.Send me contact details.Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

If you still looking i have some new floats and line there ya can have if willing to collect from the northside!

• Advertisement

Hi gumbo, Let me know through pm where on the north side and Il see can I get some one to do a pick up. Thanks so much lads.

Hi gumbo, Let me know through pm where on the north side and Il see can I get some one to do a pick up. Thanks so much lads.

Contact details!!

rtc wrote: »
    Contact details!!

I sent them through pm?

Just want to thank RTC, just finished sorting all that stuff out and we wont need to buy hooks for a while... Fantastic mate..

Thank you so much from KAI.

Just want to thank RTC, just finished sorting all that stuff out and we wont need to buy hooks for a while... Fantastic mate..

Thank you so much from KAI.

Your welcome and good luck with the club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I might have a few bits and pieces lying around. I'l have a look and let you know

thehamo wrote: »
    I might have a few bits and pieces lying around. I'l have a look and let you know

Thank you so much Hamo. Anything is great.

Advertisement