Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight lifting problem

Options
  • 15-08-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello i am right handed so obviously i use my right hand/arm for nearly everything so i would assume it would be my strongest arm but i have noticed when it comes to using the free weights my right arm is weaker than my left. This doesn't make sense to me because i have never had an injury or anything serious to my right arm to cause this. e.g. if i am standing bicep curls on the same weight for each arm my left lifts it with relative ease while my right struggles and forces me to slightly bend my back. Any advice relating to this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don't let form break down. Work as hard as you can and it should even out. Barbell work probably trumps dumbbell work for this but that's just my pseudo science thought on the issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I get this sometimes too. I am left handed , my left bicep looks bigger but I find it often fails before my right, in later exercises.

I don't use machines for any arm exercise so I would have thought if I was favouring one side when lifting with a bar it would be obvious....

Advertisement