Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Adapter too tight

Options
  • 15-08-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

installing a stove into existing fireplace... was told by an installer in the area that because my chimney was new I could use the clay pot adapter.... but I'm having trouble fitting it because the standard 200mm isn't exact in the chimney....so the adapter is too tight.

anyone have any tips on how to get this in without destroying the adapter... they aren't cheap...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Cut two slits with stainless steel blade and angle grinder into the 9" side then using a lump of wood and lump hammer beat the adapter into place.

You shouldent have to do this though, have a look up into the flue you will see the flue concrete starter then the clay flue liners most likely the starter needs tiding, with bolster and lump hammer to remove excess concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 betterbutter76

Are you suggesting 2 slits to shape a "V".... or 2 slits - one on opposite sides of the insert bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 betterbutter76

SORTED! Thanks for the help.... cut a single line down both sides and slightly bent it into a cone shape... with some "gentle persuasion" it fit perfectly.

Advertisement