Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applyed through the CAO, but im still officially registerd as a student in DIT

• 15-08-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Earlier this year I left college and stopped going to classes. I applied through the CAO in February to go to a different course. I did not officially drop out of college and I think I am still register student in DIT. Do you know if this will cause any problems on Monday with the CAO if im still registered in a college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shano1996

You're going to have to pay tuition fees as well as the student contribution for the new course you choose. The student contribution is 2'750 alone and your tuition fees depend on the course but is usually in excess of 2000. I'm not sure if you can apply for a grant either. If you have no problem paying for that, then no there will be no problem registering with a new college because you have to re-register with DIT every year at the start (September) anyway. Good luck with your studies.

Advertisement