Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung phone thinks it's charged

• 15-08-2014 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Have Samsung 3 mini/compact. The screen is showing that phone is charging despite not it not connected to charger. Sometimes the % charge goes down and other (like now) it shows phone 100% charge all the time:confused:
    Have tried taking out battery and putting it back in and re-starting and no difference. It will also just switch itself for no reason. Phone only about 3 months old and I dont need any more reasons to hate it. Any help

Don't suppose whatever guarantee that came with phone worth the paper it's written on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Faulty battery. Return it. Your statutory rights totally cover this, the shop have to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Have Samsung 3 mini/compact. The screen is showing that phone is charging despite not it not connected to charger. Sometimes the % charge goes down and other (like now) it shows phone 100% charge all the time:confused:
    Have tried taking out battery and putting it back in and re-starting and no difference. It will also just switch itself for no reason. Phone only about 3 months old and I dont need any more reasons to hate it. Any help

Don't suppose whatever guarantee that came with phone worth the paper it's written on

New battery or get an iPhone I moved from iPhone to Samsung and to be honest between a crashes phone freezing and apps un stalling them self's I'm really starting to hate android ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Some samsung have battery issues. I have heard of the S4 battery expanding while inside the phone and a friend of mine has had one do this
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/514833/20131018/samsung-galaxy-s3-s4-battery-problems-issue.htm#.U-8D52OE-ZE
    I would steer clear of the fruity phone but thats me personally. I have no idea how much you paid for your phone but surely the boards favourite moto g would be a better bet? I would try get the moto g with sd card support. When I had one it was brilliant. and besides touchwiz does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I had a Galaxy S Plus that acted the same way. Found online somewhere saying that sometimes the pins in the usb socket get set wrong so get a paperclip and jiggle it around in there for a bit. Worked fine for mine.
    Having said that it was a back up phone so I didnt mind if it done damage.
    Luckily for me it didnt and phone is still working fine

Advertisement