Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Cake

Options
  • 15-08-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,

can somebody recommend where one can buy a ready-made birthday cake which tastes somewhat decently? I am not looking for a cake making service as I need it for Sunday. I know they have some birthday cakes in Tesco and SuperValue but I am not sure where/which one to buy so it does not taste (too) artificial.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did you try Crottys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Give raths a call they have gorge cream & sponge cakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

tommycahir wrote: »
    Give raths a call they have gorge cream & sponge cakes...

I second raths or super Valu in tullow

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Supervalue ie the old superquinn go in early and get the chocolate one and they will write on it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

Thank you guys, I was short on time and had to buy the cake on Friday. I ended up buying a Birthday Chocolate cake in Tesco and must say it was not that bad. Next time will try one from SuperValue or Londis. I also heard there is a bakery in Centra.

• Advertisement
Advertisement