Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Logic board replacement

• 15-08-2014 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I know the general consensus seems to be that they are not really worth replacing but I'm wondering has anyone ever picked one up from Chinese sites or ebay and done the job themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

kevovek wrote: »
    I know the general consensus seems to be that they are not really worth replacing but I'm wondering has anyone ever picked one up from Chinese sites or ebay and done the job themselves?

What machine are we talking about? In the past I've replaced logic boards on dozens of mid/late-2000s MacBooks and iMacs and it (usually) worked out fine. Excellent on-line step-by-steps usually get around any confusing bits for specific models, and you can get it all done inside an hour easy.

The key thing is whether the price of the board and the time involved in sourcing are worth the result... I've usually found that it was.

If you're talking about those fiddly tablet/phone things I haven't a clue. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Sorry forgot to mention its a 2010 2.4GHz Intel core 2 duo macbook pro

Tordelback wrote: »
    What machine are we talking about? In the past I've replaced logic boards on dozens of mid/late-2000s MacBooks and iMacs and it (usually) worked out fine. Excellent on-line step-by-steps usually get around any confusing bits for specific models, and you can get it all done inside an hour easy.

The key thing is whether the price of the board and the time involved in sourcing are worth the result... I've usually found that it was.

If you're talking about those fiddly tablet/phone things I haven't a clue. :p

Where would be the best places to source it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Thanks had a look at that site for the logic board I need and its about €400 is that the lowest price I could possibly get one for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement