Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

skodacb wrote: »
    Is the 64GB white version available on Amazon. And will it be shipped to Ireland from Amazon.

Not from Amazon Uk, but it is from Amazon.fr...yeah Amazon.fr will deliver to Ireland. You'll need an adapter for the charger though.

Is the 64GB white version available on Amazon. And will it be shipped to Ireland from Amazon.

Not from Amazon Uk, but it is from Amazon.fr...yeah Amazon.fr will deliver to Ireland. You'll need an adapter for the charger though.

Mind you its a preorder, I actually don't even have an expected delivery date yet.

Mind you its a preorder, I actually don't even have an expected delivery date yet.

FFS sorry double post

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Nice video review of the Nexus 6 camera.

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-6-camera-shootout-567998/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Trigg171 wrote: »

FFS sorry double post

bit cheaper from amazon.fr too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Amazon Germany now too,wonder who will get it out first,i would rather not wait until the 15th though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Amazon Germany now too,wonder who will get it out first,i would rather not wait until the 15th though....

According to Unlocked Mobiles they are due to get it in stock on the 4th Dec so I'm hoping they do and ship them ASAP

weslers wrote: »
    According to Unlocked Mobiles they are due to get it in stock on the 4th Dec so I'm hoping they do and ship them ASAP

Yeah thats true might wait a bit just to see who ships first or who has definitive news on a ship date..
    Still thinking of the note edge too,but using the Note4 now...

AnandTech done some digging regarding the performance on the Nexus 6 with encryption turned on. Pretty drastic results - http://www.anandtech.com/show/8725/encryption-and-storage-performance-in-android-50-lollipop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Hi guys, has anyone ordered from Amazon FR or GER to Irish address and is so were the delivery times comparable to UK? I broke my phone and am holding out for a Nexus 6 but need one ASAP. I preordered from Amazon UK the 32gb Blue as its all they have for up for preorder but would rather a 64gb White. Would it be wise to preorder a White 64gb form wither FR or GER and cancel whatever order doesn't ship first?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Hi guys, has anyone ordered from Amazon FR or GER to Irish address and is so were the delivery times comparable to UK? I broke my phone and am holding out for a Nexus 6 but need one ASAP. I preordered from Amazon UK the 32gb Blue as its all they have for up for preorder but would rather a 64gb White. Would it be wise to preorder a White 64gb from either FR or GER and cancel whatever order doesn't ship first?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

On Pre-Orders do you have to pay upfront or does the payment only come out once the phone ships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,575 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

LFCFan wrote: »
    On Pre-Orders do you have to pay upfront or does the payment only come out once the phone ships?

Amazon process is that they charge for an item once it ships, except if ordering from third party (when they charge when the third party says they ship). So if you pre-order, won't cost you money until dispatched.

Source: Worked for Amazon CS 5 years ago.

mike316 wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone ordered from Amazon FR or GER to Irish address and is so were the delivery times comparable to UK? I broke my phone and am holding out for a Nexus 6 but need one ASAP. I preordered from Amazon UK the 32gb Blue as its all they have for up for preorder but would rather a 64gb White. Would it be wise to preorder a White 64gb from either FR or GER and cancel whatever order doesn't ship first?

Thanks

I ordered the 64GB white from Amazon.fr but I am having it delivered to a French address to get free shipping etc. I did try with my Irish address first though and estimated delivery was 5-7 days I think. Also the current preorder price is €669 for a delivery to a French address and it was about €700 when I selected an Irish address.

FYI Amazon.fr currently has no estimate of release date. Also the preorder is the low price gaurantee which means it €669 is the most I'll pay for it (I'm hoping it goes down to €649 since media markdt in Germany had that price for the 64GB version and €599 for the 32GB version which is the same price as Amazon.fr)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

I ordered the 64GB white from Amazon.fr but I am having it delivered to a French address to get free shipping etc. I did try with my Irish address first though and estimated delivery was 5-7 days I think. Also the current preorder price is €669 for a delivery to a French address and it was about €700 when I selected an Irish address.

FYI Amazon.fr currently has no estimate of release date. Also the preorder is the low price gaurantee which means it €669 is the most I'll pay for it (I'm hoping it goes down to €649 since media markdt in Germany had that price for the 64GB version and €599 for the 32GB version which is the same price as Amazon.fr)

Did you get yours yet mate? I live in France and I'm dying to get one :-)

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

madmoe wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

Whats wrong with the one you're selling on adverts?

moggser wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the one you're selling on adverts?

I must take that down....thanks for reminding me :-)

Cheers,
    M

Nope, Its still doesn't even have a release date yet for France. I'm due over from 23rd December to 30th I hope it arrives either before then or during.

Word from Carphonewarehouse uk is they're getting it 1st surely I think France wouldn't be too far behind I hope.

Something is up with this site on my browser I can't seem to edit posts without it wanting to duplicate it.

Anyways, I will post an update as soon as I get a mail from Amazon.fr regarding release date.

I just Google nexus 6. It's changed from coming soon to a Google play link.

Still not available in your country yet but that's a change. I'll be keeping an eye on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I just Google nexus 6. It's changed from coming soon to a Google play link.

Still not available in your country yet but that's a change. I'll be keeping an eye on that

I decided to pester a Google Play support person. Their response on it:
    Yes, Nexus 6 will be available in Ireland but unfortunately I don't know when. I recommend you to keep checking playstore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Might show up later today around 5 or 6 when they update play store stock. :)

Unlocked Mobiles have now updated their stock arrival to then end of December yet Carphone Warehouse UK are saying they will have it the 1st of Dec anyone else get updates on stock availability

Gonna be checkin carphone whoore house on the 1st but they will have limited stock id like to imagine play store will have it on the 1st can feel it in me piss water.....oh wait just wet me jocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

I pre-ordered mine from amazon UK on the 20th of November when it said estimated delivery of the 17th. Just got an email today to say it has been pushed back to the 27th of December. Also checked clove and they also show 22nd December now.

Looks like it won't arrive before Xmas :(

Nexarz wrote: »
    I pre-ordered mine from amazon UK on the 20th of November when it said estimated delivery of the 17th. Just got an email today to say it has been pushed back to the 27th of December. Also checked clove and they also show 22nd December now.

Looks like it won't arrive before Xmas :(

That's unreal :-(

Still waiting to see what happens tonight on playstore, have ya tried amazon.de for it should ship the 15th,failing that theres always a nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Have you guys seen Erica Griffin giving out about burn in on the nexus 6. Something I would hope wouldn't be happening so quick on a 600 euro phone.

Screen burn like? Wouldnt of thought there wpuld be image burn on such a top quality phone , google will have a hand full of replacement if thats true

oooh this looks like a deal breaker **** sake , ive a Gflex and the ghosting on that is a tad annoying but for fcuk sake if the nexus is gonna be like it ill give it a miss

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Have you guys seen Erica Griffin giving out about burn in on the nexus 6. Something I would hope wouldn't be happening so quick on a 600 euro phone.

Balls to it! You have a link to this mate?

Cheers,
    M

If your worried why don't you use one of the screen Burn-in apps to prevent it? I know you probably shouldn't have to but all amoleds get Burn-in at some point it's best to run one of those apps for a few hours a week to help prevent it.

Apparently she dont have the phone long enough to warrent the burn,so why go get a app for screen burn that shouldnt happen in first place,like its hard enough to get the device practically have to give your first born and 650 euro so id expect a bit better from it,but hey thats just me it wont last long in my hands anyway the way i change phones

The fact its happening early with the Nexus is disappointing. I have burn-in on my Galaxy S4 where the notification bar is and though it took me a while to notice it now I notice it all the time.

Any Amoled phone I get from now I'll be running a burn in app to help prevent it. I'd rather have a screen that didn't get burn-in but Amoleds are not there yet, especially the less than latest tech screen Samsung has provided for the Nexus 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've never owned an amoled phone but every demo one I've tried out had some degree of burn. How effective are those apps in preventing it? Think I'll stick with my OPO until the LG G4 comes out. I was considering the G3 but it's 6 months old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Balls to it! You have a link to this mate?

Cheers,
    M
    Here ya go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKAWr9PjWjw&list=UUB2527zGV3A0Km_quJiUaeQ

Spose few teething probs with it might delay its release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

That turns me off the Nexus 6 now :(.. Kinda hoped to get one early 2015 but maybe I'll attempt a opo now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I figured Google/Motorola would have sent Erica Griffin a perfect Nexus 6 to review but the screen burn issue is probably intrinsic to the display they're using. In any case she actually buys her devices like a regular punter - from her Google+ page:
    I think that since I buy devices I don't get hand picked perfect ones from the manufacturer. This allows me to see the way things really can be.

• Advertisement

Had quick snoop about for it last night around the different play store ,looks like only US for now no sign of it hittin here till maybe the puddin or later but have a sneaky feeling it could be the 15th other than that i dunno im not that predictive octopus ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

moggser wrote: »
    Had quick snoop about for it last night around the different play store ,looks like only US for now no sign of it hittin here till maybe the puddin or later but have a sneaky feeling it could be the 15th other than that i dunno im not that predictive octopus ha

Yea did the same today. It's now "currently unavailable" on amazon UK... Moto don't seem to have great organization on releasing new stuff lately

Nexarz wrote: »
    Yea did the same today. It's now "currently unavailable" on amazon UK... Moto don't seem to have great organization on releasing new stuff lately

It was removed from amazon uk a day or 3 before the black Friday and amazon germany went from pre ordering with postage on 15th to i havent a clue when this yoke is released,in german ha ha

On a serious note i think it could be the 15th and failing that January maybe.it also might be delayed because of the screen burn issue

According to their customer support its looked to the O2 network

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adrianocp

Guys. Let's think positively. If it's taking so long to come to Ireland and UK it's because they're fixing some issues like the screen burn.

It's never good to have the first version of anything.
    Probably we will get the nexus 6 with some issues fixed already.

• Advertisement

Well i really hope thats the issue and not some ploy to hype up sales n ****,its bad enough crapple doing it now with out doogle following suit,saw a link earlier that says something about the 8th for the 32 and 15th for the 64 cant seem to paste it with this phone bleeeedin thing knows i wanna nexus and has decided to act the bollox with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,575 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If I was to guess I'd put it down to Google not manufacturing a huge amount, or not being able to keep up with demand. I would be very surprised if it was down to a "ghosting issue" that 1 person has written about, and I would be equally surprised if they were holding stock back to drive up demand.

Ultimately we are small fry in the global market, they will target the likes of the US (and in particular the carriers there) before branching out.

dulpit wrote: »
    If I was to guess I'd put it down to Google not manufacturing a huge amount, or not being able to keep up with demand. I would be very surprised if it was down to a "ghosting issue" that 1 person has written about, and I would be equally surprised if they were holding stock back to drive up demand.

Ultimately we are small fry in the global market, they will target the likes of the US (and in particular the carriers there) before branching out.

The manufacturing part is down to Motorola not Google although they have informed UK supplies of the following
    "Motorola have confirmed that the Nexus 6 UK release will be delayed and stock is expected to be short throughout December and into January. The first Sim Free deliveries in the UK will start December 22nd."
    according to the email I received from Unlocked Mobiles in the UK (thankfully I'm part of the 1st shipment so fingers crossed I get it the 23rd).

It has been announced it is to launch in Mexico (via Motorola) next week I would have thought it would have launched on Motorola in the UK long before Mexico (http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/12/04/the-nexus-6-comes-to-mexico-next-week-via-motorola-com-mx-32gb-model-will-sell-for-9999-pesos/)

weslers wrote: »
    The manufacturing part is down to Motorola not Google although they have informed UK supplies of the following according to the email I received from Unlocked Mobiles in the UK (thankfully I'm part of the 1st shipment so fingers crossed I get it the 23rd).

It has been announced it is to launch in Mexico (via Motorola) next week I would have thought it would have launched on Motorola in the UK long before Mexico (http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/12/04/the-nexus-6-comes-to-mexico-next-week-via-motorola-com-mx-32gb-model-will-sell-for-9999-pesos/)

Away with ya , you and your bad news lol

Deciding the N6 OR Note edge,had a play with US version of the N6, and NOTE EDGE other day,thing for me is Note edge is way overpriced,also been plastic vs Note 4 which im currently using.I do like the nexus range have had them all but i think this N6 is overpriced ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement