Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Deciding the N6 OR Note edge,had a play with US version of the N6, and NOTE EDGE other day,thing for me is Note edge is way overpriced,also been plastic vs Note 4 which im currently using.I do like the nexus range have had them all but i think this N6 is overpriced ??

Its deffo considered more expensive then previous devices. I would probably go for the new moto x 2014. Touch whiz is love or hate in those Samsung's devices. Personaly I dont fancy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

The note edge is way over priced and apparently phoneyphone have the rights to it only at a whopper price of 830 or close to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ripoffvone have rights and only 500 units,which is silly but easily unlocked,regaardless both are overpriced....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

jimmynokia wrote:
    Deciding the N6 OR Note edge,had a play with US version of the N6, and NOTE EDGE other day,thing for me is Note edge is way overpriced,also been plastic vs Note 4 which im currently using.I do like the nexus range have had them all but i think this N6 is overpriced ??

The Nexus 6 is a high end phone hence the the price point. Its not your normal Nexus device that's why the price is above the normal entry price for them.

I'd go for the N6 (have already pre ordered it). You get stock Android and it just can't be beat non of that touchwiz crap

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Man got my spigen ultra hybrid case today. This is a big phone. Not as thick as I thought though but quite wide. I have big hands so I can one hand it for some stuff however it does get a bit awkward at times. I could get used to the size though.

Ive a case a screen protector and tempered glass,but no ****in phone ha ha im using me g flex and not much difference in size flex might be tad bigger tho,oh and there shouldnt be a curve in nexus lok

Carphonewarehouse UK are selling it online now http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/google-nexus-6-32gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all,
    For those that have them in hand now....where did you get them?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

madmoe wrote: »
    For those that have them in hand now....where did you get them?

I don't think anyone here has one yet.

munkee wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here has one yet.

Ah righty.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

With CPW UK having them in stock now, I can imagine some will border hop to Newry to pick them up :)

£499 is approx €635, so you can save yourself €15 if you pretend the petrol was free :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    With CPW UK having them in stock now, I can imagine some will border hop to Newry to pick them up :)

£499 is approx €635, so you can save yourself €15 if you pretend the petrol was free :D

According to their online support they cant tell you if the stores have stock as they cant see their inventory plus they don't ship to NI (was gonna use Parcel Motel) so I suggest a call to the store before making the drive.

Its been pre order status for long time now wouldnt bank on them havin it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

weslers wrote: »
    According to their online support they cant tell you if the stores have stock as they cant see their inventory plus they don't ship to NI (was gonna use Parcel Motel) so I suggest a call to the store before making the drive.

Oh I wouldn't do it myself at all, probably a 7 hour round trip for me assuming traffic is good.

I'm still quietly holding out for it to be released here and subsidised by Three :D

I cant understand why cpwh uk claim to have it and play store uk are out of stock, strange that

moggser wrote: »
    I cant understand why cpwh uk claim to have it and play store uk are out of stock, strange that

Was it ever listed as in stock on the UK Play Store?

Dunn tbh honest as everytime i looked was the white one which shows up as not available in your country obviously cause no one has that so could of well be tbh

Well amazon.de are sending out dispatch emails so I really hope amazon.fr does soon. Still no sign of a time frame from them though.

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Well amazon.de are sending out dispatch emails so I really hope amazon.fr does soon. Still no sign of a time frame from them though.

Lucky so and so's

• Advertisement

So amazon.fr has the blue 32gb in stock. I ordered the white 64gb....chop chop Amazon I want that white 64gb before Christmas :)

http://www.amazon.fr/Motorola-Nexus-Smartphone-d%C3%A9bloqu%C3%A9-Ecran/dp/B00OZ4T7HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418240133&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+6

So amazon.fr has the blue 32gb in stock. I ordered the white 64gb....chop chop Amazon I want that white 64gb before Christmas :)

http://www.amazon.fr/Motorola-Nexus-Smartphone-d%C3%A9bloqu%C3%A9-Ecran/dp/B00OZ4T7HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418240133&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+6

Same here! If I'm going to spend that amount of money I want the 64GB!! Hopefully they will have it soon and it won't take long to deliver to me here in Le Mans :-)

do they deliver here?

do they deliver here?

Yep...delivery is a little bit more but its not bad at €599 for the 32GB version.

Mind you, you'll need and adapter for the charger.

If you google it it is looking like €649 for the 32gb version here so its cheaper! Regarding warranty and all that I don't know really. for example I get €622.16 with delivery to Ireland

Yep...delivery is a little bit more but its not bad at €599 for the 32GB version.

Mind you, you'll need and adapter for the charger.

If you google it it is looking like €649 for the 32gb version here so its cheaper! Regarding warranty and all that I don't know really. for example I get €622.16 with delivery to Ireland

oh i see, :) so have you ordered from france then?
    the adapter isnt the worry the fast charger would be tho would it work correctly so on so forth also warranty shouldnt be a problem as its classed as European i think so it should be ok

oh i see, :) so have you ordered from france then?
    the adapter isnt the worry the fast charger would be tho would it work correctly so on so forth also warranty shouldnt be a problem as its classed as European i think so it should be ok

Yeah I have the 64GB white preordered since the 18th November. My missus is french though so I had it delivered to her mothers in France so free delivery. I'll have to get an adapter for it but that's no big deal for me, I also have tons of android chargers so not too worried about that. Warranty, maybe but Either myself or her go to France multiple times a year so don't think that would be a problem. I don't see any reason why the fast charger wouldn't work with an adapter to be honest?

Not for everyone though it just suits me. Since it was available I thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested.

• Advertisement

Yeah im interested lol,im after a white one but cant seem to source one bar waiting on amazon germany or waiting on google to het the finger out,the car phone wharehouse uk say they have white exclusively to them so might sit thight ibdunno heads melted

Yeah know what you mean man ideally I'd just go with Amazon uk and get the correct plug etc. but they havn't got any.

Who knows when the irish play store gets it and its looking like we'll pay 649 for 32gb and 699 for 64 gb here when it does so as usual getting shafted. Not to mention the play store will charge you a tenner for shipping on top of that.

Even the uk price is getting a little bit shafted compared to what Germany are getting and maybe France too so with all that in mind I decided to try get it from France.

I hear Amzon.de we're at least selling the 64GB version not sure if they have the white yet but you could look there aswell if you we're interested. Good luck anyways :)

Yeah i have checked the amazon.de all the time its not listed as available anymore its down as pre order in both colours, buuuuut 3 weeks ago there was a shipping date of the 15th for the blue one amd that has changed since tho,

Over all i might wait as ive waited 3 months so far so whats another month, **** who am i kidding i wanted this months ago im sure i might bite the bullet and go the french route all tho im a call the whoore house uk today and see if they have more info first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Was really excited about this, but plummed for the LG G3 in the end. Slightly smaller phone (had the Note 3 and found it difficult enough to grasp) and all this waiting and fkin around is kind of annoying. Just release it already!

I flogged me g3 about 2 weeks after having it cause i heard all about the nexus 6,and that was months ago, nothing wrong with the g3 its a fantastic device i just jumped the gun lol so picture my pain,,its just as intense as that time i forgot how to sit down

• Advertisement

****in ****ing **** this is a load of bollix, the carphone warehouse wont send a device as ya need a address to match the card a uk one now not your own one so unless you can do that dont bother with them cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4 springfield64

Got one last wednsday in cpw forestside shopping centre Belfast,as was said main computor system doesnt know shop stock.Had been ringing for about a week and had no answer from various stores,decided to go up on spec,760 models had been shipped to uk but most were pre order.Went to forestside sc.branch their biggest and they had 4 instock.Bought the 32gb midnight blue model.Only prob was they needed a uk postal address for their computor but
    luckily found one in my address book of a relative otherwise they wernt going to sell me one.Next stock is due in on 30th dec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Got one last wednsday in cpw forestside shopping centre Belfast,as was said main computor system doesnt know shop stock.Had been ringing for about a week and had no answer from various stores,decided to go up on spec,760 models had been shipped to uk but most were pre order.Went to forestside sc.branch their biggest and they had 4 instock.Bought the 32gb midnight blue model.Only prob was they needed a uk postal address for their computor but
    luckily found one in my address book of a relative otherwise they wernt going to sell me one.Next stock is due in on 30th dec.

And how is it? Are you liking it? Did you previously own a Nexus?
    Thanks for the tips on the UK address - I am still debating whether to get one.

I went carphone warhouse route got a mate to do it for me, he has address up there along with matchin card,there is no other way to order it online from them with out those 2 combined,i would of took chance and drove up to see if they had it in stock but never took the chance , fair play for nabbin one that way

I think next stock is due in Dec 30,best way is to keep ringing main cpw number shown online,as i said shops dont seem to answer phones at all,I just took a chance and it worked,I knew there was stock due in from speaking to them.For anyone, make sure you have any uk postal address then give your name as reciepiant,as i said they werent going to sell me one without it,any address will do.alot of people in us and canada still cant get hem.
    The phone is very well made,with a premium feel,battery is a little dissapointing ,about the same as the 5,but it has to support the 5.96 screen and qhd display,for moderate users like myself it will more than do a day easily with plenty to spare.for gamers or watching videos a top up would be required.Colours are a little oversaturated compared to the more natural nexus5.On average wifi its about the same as the 5 speed wise but on a good conection it flies.Havnt really tried the camera much but i think its a leap up from the 5,foccusing is certainly quick and images are perfectly acceptable and dont loose any detail when enlarged.
    Notification/ringtones are poor so a visit to zedge or elseware is a must.The turbo charger is also excellent and leaves others in its wake.Also storage is actualy 28gb and not 32.
    Hope that mini review helps everyone and good look with your purchase,you wont be dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Seems a bit much that they won't sell you a SIM free phone over the counter without a UK address - is it even legal to refuse to sell to someone on the basis of where they're from?

That's a very good point well made, is it legal?
    Im sure theres a discriminatory case there somewhere but has anyone got the time or inclination to fight with them over it? I would but its aaaaaaallllll the waaaaaay up there*whiney voice*

Anyway more about the phine please is there screen burn like the review said please answer that cause if i find if it is there ti be found trust me ill find it,ill toss it in the bin just as quick lol

So dar can't report any screeburn at all,and like you if there is anything wrong with it I'd find it.very happy so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Amazon.de had the 64GB blues in stock this morning.
    Now estimating the day or two after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've had it now for a while, still not so sure. It's a fantastic device but there are a few things that annoy me, maybe I will eventually adjust.

It's near impossible to use with one hand, I like the little hover button the iphone 6 plus uses, something like that is exactly what the nexus 6 needs.

I don't like the button layout on the side, the buttons are half way down. I normally use the phone in my left hand and there is a bit of fumbling around to locate them with my fingers.

The QI charger is back to the days of Nexus 4 where you have to be very precise with where you lay it on the charger, this is really annoying.

I normally leave my phone on my table at work, and interact with it without lifting the device. Not possible with the Nexus 6, it just spins because of the curved back.

The screen is beautiful, but they could have made the resolution a bit higher. It's like looking at the Nexus 5 through a magnifying glass.

And something I was not aware of when I got mine was that it requires a nano sim. I had to order a new sim, cutting down a micro sim gets very close to the metal and I didn't want to damage the sim and be left without a phone for a few days.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    I've had it now for a while, still not so sure. It's a fantastic device but there are a few things that annoy me, maybe I will eventually adjust.

It's near impossible to use with one hand, I like the little hover button the iphone 6 plus uses, something like that is exactly what the nexus 6 needs.

I don't like the button layout on the side, the buttons are half way down. I normally use the phone in my left hand and there is a bit of fumbling around to locate them with my fingers.

The QI charger is back to the days of Nexus 4 where you have to be very precise with where you lay it on the charger, this is really annoying.

I normally leave my phone on my table at work, and interact with it without lifting the device. Not possible with the Nexus 6, it just spins because of the curved back.

The screen is beautiful, but they could have made the resolution a bit higher. It's like looking at the Nexus 5 through a magnifying glass.

And something I was not aware of when I got mine was that it requires a nano sim. I had to order a new sim, cutting down a micro sim gets very close to the metal and I didn't want to damage the sim and be left without a phone for a few days.

How is the battery life? Are you happy with it? Any screen burn in so far?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

madmoe wrote: »
    How is the battery life? Are you happy with it? Any screen burn in so far?

Cheers,
    M

Haven't really given the battery a good test. I usually have it sitting on a qi charger at different points during the day. Apart from the issues I mentioned it is a great device, solid build and sits good in the hand compared to the iPhone 6 plus which I find a little slippy.

There is image retention, but no burn in so far. I only notice it when using the kindle app with white background and it is not very noticeable. You need to look for it. It is only the navigation buttons that persist but they fade away after 5 minutes. Not sure if that could lead to eventual burn in.

Tell me more about this image retention you speak of immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

McDermotX wrote: »
    Amazon.de had the 64GB blues in stock this morning.
    Now estimating the day or two after Christmas.

"Had" being the word here...:eek:

Bit perturbed by some of the things I am reading about the Nexus 6 re screen burn etc.. think I might stick with my Note 4 till I get Android 5.x onto it.

Definite increase in battery performance following update to 5.0.1. fw last wednsday.
    Still noticing slight lag/judder in google calender when scrolling though,also another update to android 5.1.0 due february to address battery drain and to put back silent mode rather than just vibrate when phone muted,and many other enhancements/bug fixes.
    Agree buttons are slightly awkward when holding phone with left hand,but a small price to pay.

Be gettin me mits on one tomorro all goin well so ill let ya all know how i feel about it, if i dont like it watch out ill probably flog it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Well just switched to 64GB blue from Amazon.fr. Same price and its in preperation to be shipped. Expected delivery date is 29th Dec in France.Hoping its quicker than that but I'll be there till the 30th :) 64GB blue is in stock anyways so too tempting not to switch

Anybody know how to stop the online back up photos appearing in the gallery tried clearing the cache but can't ****in hate nexus for that shoite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Any thoughts from users in battery life. Flossy Carter on youtube did not rate it at all. Also, has anyone seen image retention ?

Advertisement