Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden World & Beech Tree Cafe to close

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

boardie100 wrote: »
    I think he meant they might be a bit gloomier than normal due to the fact they are about to be made unemployed....
    I wouldnt find that strange in the slightest

That makes sense when there is a context.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

That makes sense when there is a context.

if you read the whole thread you would have found plenty of context :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jobless wrote: »
    if you read the whole thread you would have found plenty of context :)

Thanks. I did read the whole thread. The context was not specifically clear.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Hard to believe that the site would be worth more without what must be a fairly healthy rent roll from the Garden Centre, given it's presumably agricultural zoning. They may well end up being switched to rolling short term leases instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Thanks. I did read the whole thread. The context was not specifically clear.

I read the whole thread and understood the context completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I feel we have gone as far as we can here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement