Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal to Dingle - Man with a Van?

Options
  • 15-08-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

looking for someone with a van to collect the following items and deliver them from Donegal (waiting on exactly where!) to Dingle, Co. Kerry

1 x childs wardrobe
    2 x chest of drawers
    1 x baby cot

Does anyone in here know of / willing to recommend someone reliable, experienced and at a reasonable rate please?
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd say that will cost a fairly decent chunk of money to hire someone to do that run to be honest.

I have used a guy round the Derry - Inishowen area who I found cheap and reliable but not sure what he would charge for such a run. Do you know how many miles round trip you are talking?

Might be better trying to find someone doing some other delivery that might be able to squeeze your stuff in, rather than hiring someone outright to do the job. Might work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would you consider hiring a van for the day and doing it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Duffys express netown would probably be your best bet you would have to ring them to get a quote but i would say it would be the ceapest reliable way Tel: +353 74 9156333

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If you can take the cot and wardrobe apart and put them on a pallet and wrap up the chest of drawers on their own then DPD will them and it won't be too costly. Their number is (074) 912 4468

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

The best way to do things like this is to list on handyhaulage or shiply, operators bid to carry your load, usually as part of a run they are already doing

Listing on donedeal might get a few responses also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

I used anyvan.ie where couriers bid for your job. Got a cot and changing table up to letterkenny from Kilkenny for 90 euro, thought very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Thanks a mill guys, will check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Fastway couriers... flat pack the items if you can, and ring Fastway with the weight and dimensions. I find them very reasonable.

Advertisement