Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Saddle bags

• 15-08-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

I've been riding a GZ250 around while learning for the last while, and I'm going to start commuting at some point -- I'm looking for some decent saddle bags.

Viking bags look nice, but their UK store seems out of stock with everything - I'd rather buy local, but the local Irish retailers seem to not have anything I know will fit or will be suitable. Can anyone recommend a bricknmortar place to go look at this sort of stuff, or recommend somewhere online? Dublin/kildare area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Anyone? Would the likes of bikeworld have this sort of stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Do you defo need them, They tend to get loose and get caught in the back wheel / chain, or simply fly off. Would a back box do?

Do you defo need them, They tend to get loose and get caught in the back wheel / chain, or simply fly off. Would a back box do?

Would do I suppose, doesn't really suit the style of bike though. The ones I've seen online seem sturdy enough, they probably take a beating over time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

I know bikeworld have textile saddlebags... and i think jp motors (107 Pearse Street, Dublin 2, Ireland) have some leather bike accessories... would a tank bag cover your needs? alot of them hold on with magnets and can even convert to a backpack to convenience.

Edit* ive jut started commuting and i use a tankbag to bring lock and chain, disclock, lunch, and bike cover with enough space to bring a spare ****e and or shoes if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I use this place quite often. €10 delivery

https://www.louis.de/en/produktkategorie/leather-chopper-luggage/520

• Advertisement

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    I know bikeworld have textile saddlebags... and i think jp motors (107 Pearse Street, Dublin 2, Ireland) have some leather bike accessories... would a tank bag cover your needs? alot of them hold on with magnets and can even convert to a backpack to convenience.

Edit* ive jut started commuting and i use a tankbag to bring lock and chain, disclock, lunch, and bike cover with enough space to bring a spare ****e and or shoes if needed.

Aye, was in bikeworld yesterday and wasn't impressed with the selection. Mainly enormous top boxes, which don't really go on the gz. Tank bag might work, needs to hold a laptop and a change of clothes so might be a bit bulky for the right size one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Would do I suppose, doesn't really suit the style of bike though.

Doesn't look all that bad to me...

20080621-1327115-2006-Suzuki-GZ250.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Try donedeal 'gerrowadat', got a set for my GZ125 on that and they fit on nicely and do the job for pottering around.. Only thing is, would advise buying ( if not already in hand ) a set of luggage racks, to stop them from blowing all over the place and even getting caught in the wheels. Cost about €35 on ebay.ie for the set and they're as good as any :)

Advertisement