Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cúl Camps Query

• 15-08-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

When did your little 'uns get their GAA kit that is supposed to come when doing the camp?

Does it come on the Monday when registering ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

my daughter started her first camp last monday the 11th and when i collected her on monday evening she had the bag of gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

We ordered our gear 8 weeks prior to the camp starting, based on the previous years numbers. Handed out the gear the Monday of the camp, in saying that we had a great response this year with an additional 20 odd pieces of kit required. It was the same by all accounts all over Dublin resulting in a scarcity, I think they needed an additional manufacture run to cover the shortfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

The kit comes during the week of camp. I've ran a good number of these over the last couple of years. Usually the bags are issued on or around the second day. The kit always around the middle of camp to allow a day or so to get gear returned and reissued that's too big/too small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A mate of mine told me that in Wexford no one got kit or bags and it finished today !! He told me they all got vouchers to collect them at the end of next week in Wexford Park !! What sort of joke is that !

Then again he also told me that the camp was closed from Friday last and supposedly there shouldn't be any applications taken on the day yet according to him they were taking money and applications on the Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Must be a shortage of gear so, very unusual to run out considering there's another 2 weeks of camp nationally

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

vicwatson wrote: »
    Then again he also told me that the camp was closed from Friday last and supposedly there shouldn't be any applications taken on the day yet according to him they were taking money and applications on the Monday.

Simple case of demand exceeding supply. They gave vouchers to get the gear and if as you say it was to finish yet more kids wanted to do it and they facilitated that, then what's the issue? The problem with amount of gear was flagged weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

bruschi wrote: »
    Simple case of demand exceeding supply. They gave vouchers to get the gear and if as you say it was to finish yet more kids wanted to do it and they facilitated that, then what's the issue? The problem with amount of gear was flagged weeks ago

Yeah big problem in Dublin anyways with shortage of gear. Parnell Park were on straight away to have any surplus kit returned asap as it was a widespread problem across the county.

We took kids right up to the Monday, some had done the camp elsewhere, but those that turned up on the day were told the kit mightn't be available til later. We never refuse a juvenile member of the club attend the camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Some camps give the gear out Monday, others on Friday.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Some camps give the gear out Monday, others on Friday.

Others not Monday or Friday by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Collected ours yesterday for camp starting Monday. Sounds like the exception though.

Advertisement