Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about VAT

Options
  • 15-08-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I signed up for your home phone and broadband package a few months ago, after numerous problems and issues which I wont bore you with I eventually got my broadband working, as a result of the issues I had credits applied to my account for 2 months, when I received the 3rd bill I noticed I was charged extra for over-usage. I called to query this, and was told I went over my usage, even though we really don't download or stream anything, and most of our internet usage is facebook/email etc....Anyway, after calling to query, I upgraded from 35.00 per month, to the unlimited package of 40.00 per month.
    This month when I recieved my bill, I had call charges of 13.03, which is fine, but my total bill was 65.36, which made me look a bit closer at the bill. It was then I noticed that all charges are Ex VAT. Now while I understand that VAT charges apply to everything, I cannot ever remember being told that the original 35.00 per month and now my unlimited package of 40.00 per month were prices ex VAT. In fact I am pretty sure I never was, and upon looking on your website I cannot see where it says prices are EX VAt.
    As I said I do understand that I need to pay VAT, but I am a consumer, not a company, so I cant understand why prices would ever be quoted without the VAT being applied??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi,
    I signed up for your home phone and broadband package a few months ago, after numerous problems and issues which I wont bore you with I eventually got my broadband working, as a result of the issues I had credits applied to my account for 2 months, when I received the 3rd bill I noticed I was charged extra for over-usage. I called to query this, and was told I went over my usage, even though we really don't download or stream anything, and most of our internet usage is facebook/email etc....Anyway, after calling to query, I upgraded from 35.00 per month, to the unlimited package of 40.00 per month.
    This month when I recieved my bill, I had call charges of 13.03, which is fine, but my total bill was 65.36, which made me look a bit closer at the bill. It was then I noticed that all charges are Ex VAT. Now while I understand that VAT charges apply to everything, I cannot ever remember being told that the original 35.00 per month and now my unlimited package of 40.00 per month were prices ex VAT. In fact I am pretty sure I never was, and upon looking on your website I cannot see where it says prices are EX VAt.
    As I said I do understand that I need to pay VAT, but I am a consumer, not a company, so I cant understand why prices would ever be quoted without the VAT being applied??

Thanks
    Hi Benny and the jets

I have just been looking at this, All Eircom package prices for Residential customers are quoted inc VAT as you have quite rightly said. Please PM me the Account no and I will look into this in more detail.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement