Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling with chicken pox

Options
  • 15-08-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭

We're due to fly out to Tenerife with Aer Lingus on Tuesday & our lil lady (3yo) came down with chicken pox over the weekend, we contacted Aer Lingus & they told us to get a doctors note confirming the first spots had appeared no less 7 days before we are due to fly. This we arranged straight away & we do clearly comply with their requirements to travel, so we can travel no problems as far as they're concerned.
    The thing is she has broken out really badly & worse again mostly on her face, we have been applying the special ant-itch foam recommended by the doctor & the chemists & giving her baths daily with bread soda added to help reduce the itch, but I'm worrying are we doing the right thing travelling if she's still covered in spots (albeit scabbed over) despite complying with the airlines requirements? I'd hate for her to be pointed at or not let near the swimming pool or suchlike despite no longer being contageous... or even again being out in such a warm sunny environment, or am I worrying over nothing & should just get on with it & go?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

DvB wrote: »
    We're due to fly out to Tenerife with Aer Lingus on Tuesday & our lil lady (3yo) came down with chicken pox over the weekend, we contacted Aer Lingus & they told us to get a doctors note confirming the first spots had appeared no less 7 days before we are due to fly. This we arranged straight away & we do clearly comply with their requirements to travel, so we can travel no problems as far as they're concerned.
    The thing is she has broken out really badly & worse again mostly on her face, we have been applying the special ant-itch foam recommended by the doctor & the chemists & giving her baths daily with bread soda added to help reduce the itch, but I'm worrying are we doing the right thing travelling if she's still covered in spots (albeit scabbed over) despite complying with the airlines requirements? I'd hate for her to be pointed at or not let near the swimming pool or suchlike despite no longer being contageous... or even again being out in such a warm sunny environment, or am I worrying over nothing & should just get on with it & go?

God help you it's a terrible dose

It happened to me last yr and my 2yr old got them THEN HER 8 month old sister contracted them also.

We flew to Spain around the 10 days into having them
    Same thing I was so worried that
    But no it went great.
    The sun helped dry up the spots and I had A long sleeve swimming togs and a grand hat which gave great cover to their faces.

The excitement of the holiday took away the miserable feeling they had and they really enjoyed it.

Your well over 7 days and you will see there will be an improvement.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh:(
    3 of mine got them at 4,2 and 4 months all 2 weeks apart mostly while my husband and the grandparents were out of the country. I nearly cracked up!!! house bound for 6 weeks!!

if the doc said it is ok then go but I would be worried about trying to explain she is fine in Spanish.

Good Luck.

Advertisement