Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecture attendance nursing/midwifery

• 15-08-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm currently studying midwifery in TCD. I'm doing a research question on anxiety in midwifery students commuting to lectures. I know TCD have v strict rules on attendance and if your ten minutes late you can't swipe in so marked as absent. When asked the college replies with all nursing/midwifery students need to attend all classes due to legislation/guidelines set out by aba. However I've been looking at Aba guidelines and eu directivs and all they have said about it is that the course should have a 4600 hours practical and theory incl self directed learning. However it doesn't actually say that students must attend a certain amount of classess. I've heard also that some universities barely do a sign in. I just want to clarify this as much as possible for purpose of above assignment cos I wanted to add in something go about anxiety and attendance andim looking for good referencesTia pixietoodle :-)

Advertisement