Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News with subtitles

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey

I hope to the C1 exam soon and part of this is a clip from a conference, or other formal type conversation, which lasts about 10-15 minutes.

I would like to practice listening to such type of conversation WITH subtitles (to pick up the words that I missed).

I watch t.v programmes on various Spanish sites but the only programmes with subtitles are normal entertainment programmes which I am NOT looking for.

The closest I can find is Euronews in Spanish as their website has the written article, however most clips only last 1 minute.

Please - no suggestions about tv programmes you watch, or listening to the news without subtitles (as I already do both these things).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Ted.com and their Translation Project is a great source for multilingual subtitles and transcriptions. Mostly English audio with a selection of subs and/or you can make a parallel text EN - SP by copying/pasting/formatting the transcripts in Word or similar.

Great vocabulary builder and grammar analysis exercises.

Option 2

Not the news, but veintemundos is a goldmine.

Best of luck in your exams.

Advertisement