Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's largest Windfarm

• 15-08-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

There is a plan to build 12 massive 126 meter turbines outside Dungarvan bringing the total to 20.

You can find out more here at facebook DAWTurbines psge

The impact on the region of these will be massive and not good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

scub_a wrote: »
    There is a plan to build 12 massive 126 meter turbines outside Dungarvan bringing the total to 20.

You can find out more here at facebook DAWTurbines psge

Oh right and this is based on what?
    How exactly will the impact be massive on the region?
    Your facebook page is actually Dungarvan against wind turbines, not the link you posted.
    It is Waterfords only windfarm.

So in a post four lines long you want us all to support your cause on your alleged massive fears?

Do some more research and come back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't have a big problem with windfarms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

scub_a wrote: »

Do tell how a wind farm is not good for a region? I've gotten used to the ones in Ring and wouldn't consider them an eyesore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I love the look of them. All bright and futuristic looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Those turbines are horrible ugly things and independent scientific research shows that wind energy is nothing but a white elephant and the only reason that these turbines are getting built is because of massive subsidies from the Irish Govt.

Other countries like Germany and Denmark are actually moving away from Wind Energy but "the golden circle" in Ireland is too intertwined with these companies to make a decision here to stop these things before it's too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

lertsnim wrote: »
    Do tell how a wind farm is not good for a region? I've gotten used to the ones in Ring and wouldn't consider them an eyesore

How is it good for the region?

They are eyesores and precludes any tourism development with a 3 or 4 KM area of them,

The energy goes into the national grid with only the companies operating them getting any money, locals get no advantage or reduced prices.

The first thing people see now as they descend into Dungarvan from the Waterford side is no longer beautiful Ring peninsula and Helvick head but those monster pylons up on the hill.

Advertisement