Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working with C**TZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

You'll have to speak up, my radio is too loud.

I actually laughed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

whistle while you work !! as the song goes ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Shared offices in general are a pain in the hoop. There's always going to be one (or two or three) colleague(s) you don't get on with.

Add to that the annual autumnal drama (Game of Thrones hasn't a patch on it!) of Window wars - a skirmish of one person opening a window, another jumping up to close it, complaining of the draught. Repeat ad nauseam until the handle breaks and facilities management have to come up and fix it.

On larger floors with several functional units that are unrelated, the "quiet" units look on enviously as yet another birthday is celebrated with cake in a "happy-clappy" unit.

I want my own office, dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cerveja69 wrote: »
    I axed where it is..

Axed? Wtf? Are you a New York mobster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I thought everyone worked with assholes.

In a place I worked, there was a guy who would spend an age combing his greasy hair over the desk, and then put the dandruff in little lines, like cocaine, and after an age, wipe it in to his hand and bin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought everyone worked with assholes.

In a place I worked, there was a guy who would spend an age combing his greasy hair over the desk, and then put the dandruff in little lines, like cocaine, and after an age, wipe it in to his hand and bin it.

At least he didn't roll up a tenner and snort it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Those of you who dot know who the c*nt is in your office, I have bad news for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hum to yourself if you want background music, soon enough you will have the team on your side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

keith16 wrote: »
    Oh no, she did not.
    And errrrrbody be all like trrrrrippin'! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Axe them op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I once emailed my boss an apology intended for my girlfriend...

Never use work email for personal mails.

It's all tracked and backed up and can be retrieved by IT if someone with the right level of authority (generally HR types) asks

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

They are everywhere in life, and it's subjective as to who they are. People might think you're it? Hell, people may think I'm it? But I just lay down at bed at night next to a sexy blonde and nothing seems to matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

It's all tracked and backed up and can be retrieved by IT if someone with the right level of authority (generally HR types) asks

It was my first office job about 9 years ago or something.

A lesson you learn well the first time!

Especially once they confronted me with a printed list of all the dirty emails I had been sending to my fiance at the time... :o

Reebrock wrote: »
    I just lay down at bed at night next to a sexy blonde and nothing seems to matter.
    I'd love a golden retriever too. :pac:

It was my first office job about 9 years ago or something.

A lesson you learn well the first time!

Especially once they confronted me with a printed list of all the dirty emails I had been sending to my fiance at the time... :o
    Heard of people getting sacked over their work email conversation with each other (discussing illegal activity, discussing ways of bullying another staff member). You gotta be very careful in the workplace and even outside it, particularly now with social media, and it baffles me sometimes how stupid people (people who should know better, not people who are really young and new to office culture) can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

errrbody.......

UP IN HERE!

UP IN HERE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Y'ALL GONNA MAKE ME ACT DA FOOL

Magaggie wrote: »
    Heard of people getting sacked over their work email conversation with each other (discussing illegal activity, discussing ways of bullying another staff member). You gotta be very careful in the workplace and even outside it, particularly now with social media, and it baffles me sometimes how stupid people (people who should know better, not people who are really young and new to office culture) can be.

Some idiot that I met while I was working at a conference took a serious liking to me. He decided to email me the following day....ON MY WORK EMAIL which I never gave to him btw, CREEP! :mad:

He sent on his number and about going out for coffee. My colleagues read my emails all the time. I actually had a complete fanny fit. He worked for an important organisation we work with (not me personally), he would have dealt with my manager.

I didn't know what to do as I couldn't ignore it because of who he was so I told one of the girls and she told my manager who then told the CEO. They are still fcuking slagging me about it. :mad::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Some idiot that I met while I was working at a conference took a serious liking to me. He decided to email me the following day....ON MY WORK EMAIL which I never gave to him btw, CREEP! :mad:

He sent on his number and about going out for coffee. My colleagues read my emails all the time. I actually had a complete fanny fit. He worked for an important organisation we work with (not me personally), he would have dealt with my manager.

I didn't know what to do as I couldn't ignore it because of who he was so I told one of the girls and she told my manager who then told the CEO. They are still fcuking slagging me about it. :mad::o

Sorry about that, I'm not very good at approaching the wimminz :o

Sorry about that, I'm not very good at approaching the wimminz :o

One of colleagues said you look like Sid from The Ice Age. :pac:

EDIT: Next time when I say I have to get back to work, take the fcuking hint and go way from around me. :mad:

• Advertisement

One of colleagues said you look like Sid from The Ice Age. :pac:

EDIT: Next time when I say I have to get back to work, take the fcuking hint and go way from around me.

That's actually a compliment. Sid is way better looking than I am.

Sorry again, I though "getting back to work" was a euphemism. :(

That's actually a compliment. Sid is way better looking than I am.

Sorry again, I though "getting back to work" was a euphemism. :(

An overweight Sid. Hahahaha, he actually kinda does. Oh, that's sooo mean.

No, no it's not. :mad: I hope you missed your bus. An hour later still yapping away until I was rescued. I even did the 'Oh gosh, awkward silence' *glances at watch*.

No, no it's not. :mad: I hope you missed your bus. An hour later still yapping away until I was rescued. I even did the 'Oh gosh, awkward silence' *glances at watch*.

I was using all my best moves. :mad:

I was using all my best moves. :mad:

Best moves, whaaa? Getting you to move towards the door took ages. I don't think moves are your strong point.

Best moves, whaaa? Getting you to move towards the door took ages. I don't think moves are your strong point.

Did you not notice me flexing my left bicep and doing a cheeky wink? I've been told the wink looks a bit like a twitch, but I've been practicing pretty hard.

This. Nor the telephone neither. It's not necessary these days.

Did you not notice me flexing my left bicep and doing a cheeky wink? I've been told the wink looks a bit like a twitch, but I've been practicing pretty hard.

No but I did notice that lovely fragrance you were wearing, I think it's called BO? Could be wrong.

Oh gawd, you're not going to leave me alone now are ya? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I heard civil servants can't be fired so just bring in a radio, put it on as loud as you like and if anyone complains tell them to run upstairs and jump out a window.

Oh gawd, you're not going to leave me alone now are ya? :(

You're kinda mean. So yes, I'm going to leave you alone now. :pac:

ScumLord wrote: »
    I heard civil servants can't be fired so just bring in a radio, put it on as loud as you like and if anyone complains tell them to run upstairs and jump out a window.

I'd love to go "undercover" and give that hypothesis a ruddy good burnout! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

People just don't like a noob coming in, rippin' it up, talkin' swag and all that schizzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

is it me,
    or when someone posts something personal (personal being either about them, an experience or even in this case about their job) people have to get back and try and wind up the op or be a jerk? :pac:

You see it all the time in after hours.

is it me,
    or when someone posts something personal (personal being either about them, an experience or even in this case about their job) people have to get back and try and wind up the op or be a jerk? :pac:

You see it all the time in after hours.

Sometimes we're nice though in fairness.

I have posted a lot of personal stuff on AHers, no one was ever mean to me about it. :confused:

Sometimes we're nice though in fairness.

I have posted a lot of personal stuff on AHers, no one was ever mean to me about it. :confused:

I think it mainly happens if you're the thread starter. People love to pick holes in an OP for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The question still remains: Why won't you take a dump in front of your BF? :pac:

I think it mainly happens if you're the thread starter. People love to pick holes in an OP for some reason.

Likes wh*res? To be honest the OP's post is hilarious. :pac:

I axed errrrrrbody and dey said 'Damn straight, hoe'. :pac: Ya meaaannn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Cerveja69 wrote: »
    It's seriously silent in here. There is zero atmosphere. I just thought a bit of background music might be nice. How is it a health & safety issue?! How is it in any way dangerous or unhealthy? It's so ridiculous ;(

I go into an office full of women every now and then when one of them has a whinge about something, usually a draught, or too much/little/dry/wet heat. It.is.like.a.feckin.morgue.in.there. They all hate one another and communicate via email, even if with the person sitting next to them. Lol. Would I in my hoop work somwhere like that. Life is too short. And I'm waay too noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Bring in a iPod instead...

catallus wrote: »
    The question still remains: Why won't you take a dump in front of your BF? :pac:

Because that's where I stash my cocaine god damn it!

You're so fcuking noisy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 bigtrent1

I started a new job this week too, a steel factory full of hairy blokes, all that office politics and working with bitchy women is dire.

bigtrent1 wrote: »
    I started a new job this week too, a steel factory full of hairy blokes
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Exactly.
    Not so much when you are posting to a thread but when you start it ... forget about it. Every Tom, Dick and Harry trying to get you going.

Because that's where I stash my cocaine god damn it!

You're so fcuking noisy!

That can't be very hygienic!

• Advertisement

The fcuk just happened?

Fojizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Paste any url into Gizoogle and the majik happens ;)

Aphex wrote: »
    Paste any url into Gizoogle and the majik happens ;)

Hhahahahaha, I'll have to remember that one.

Almost unheard of I'd say. They would need one hell of a good reason, what about all the work related confidential stuff contained in emails? I'm years using my work email for chatting to friends both inside and outside work during the day. Handier than having two email clients on the go all day.

Back to the op just use headphones, my headphones are in my ears for the vast majority of the day same with a high percentage of people at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Almost unheard of I'd say. They would need one hell of a good reason, what about all the work related confidential stuff contained in emails? I'm years using my work email for chatting to friends both inside and outside work during the day. Handier than having two email clients on the go all day.

Hence "right level of authority" - you're right, not just anyone can ask to see another staff member's email history (generally it's the HR manager with input from the Security/Compliance team) and there has to be a legitimate reason (complaints of bullying, harassment, illegal activity etc) but it can be and is done - I've retrieved such data myself!

This also applies to any Instant Messaging (Lync, Sametime etc) as well as Internet history and so on.

Basically you should always presume that anything you send from your office machine can be accessed and shared with others if there's legitimate justification for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement