Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert - Rechecks

• 15-08-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Does anyone know how to fill in the part of the recheck form under the heading marked "paper"?? My school told me this is only for English, Irish and Maths for you to specify what paper to view i.e 1+2. But I'm wondering now does the listening paper in french count as a separate paper or does it automatically come with the written paper for you to review..??? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just write Oral or Aural or Written if it is one of the languages. The SEC will know what to do with it.

Note: There is a section (the main part of the form) that allows students to make reference to what they want checked. In the case of the oral it's fairly straightforward what you want checked, but it's no harm putting that in written form.

Also if you are getting any of your written papers checked, write down specifically where you think you should have picked up marks, or where there was an error in addition etc. While the examiner will go back through the paper, it does highlight to the examiner where the apparent error is, so they will spot it easier.

An unbelievable amount of students leave this section blank.

E.g. if a question asks you to list the first four letters of the alphabet and you listed all four, but only got marks for 3, then state that 'In Q1a I listed all four letters of the alphabet but only got marks for 3, I was awarded 3/4 when it should be 4/4

Or

In Q2c Prose - Pride and Prejudice question, there is no mark allocated for Language under PCLM marking scheme.

Make it clear what you think is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LC12395

Do you get to see a copy of the marking scheme when you go to view your scripts?

LC12395 wrote: »
    Do you get to see a copy of the marking scheme when you go to view your scripts?

Yes, all the schemes are there and there are multiple copies of the more popular ones I think (e.g. English, Irish, Maths)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LC12395

Perfect thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

I've just dropped down the form for viewing to the school, ticking the subjects I wanted to view but I made no mark in the "paper" section? Will I get all the papers or shall I have to pop back down to the school and change it?

• Advertisement

I've just dropped down the form for viewing to the school, ticking the subjects I wanted to view but I made no mark in the "paper" section? Will I get all the papers or shall I have to pop back down to the school and change it?

No, I think if you tick maths/irish/english, you will get both papers. You can always ring the school and ask them to amend your form for both papers if it puts your mind at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

No, I think if you tick maths/irish/english, you will get both papers. You can always ring the school and ask them to amend your form for both papers if it puts your mind at ease.

Might do, I'm only doing it out of curiosity though so no biggie either way. I'm no onethreefive for worrying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

An unbelievable amount of students leave this section blank.
    Some at least of these are just hoping for the best, "I know I should have done better" types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I advise all students to view their papers even if they are happy. My sister went up three grades in physics due to an addition error on the front of her paper. Go I for curiosities sake but bring a calculator even if you are happy. The correctors are human

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

LC12395 wrote: »

Slightly off topic but when do the marking schemes go up online?

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but when do the marking schemes go up online?

The weekend of viewing the scripts

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

Can you change the date to get ur scripts viewed. And does it go by alphabetical order. Need it for friday as im going to mayo replay on saturday. Thanks

Mayo4sam14 wrote: »
    Can you change the date to get ur scripts viewed. And does it go by alphabetical order. Need it for friday as im going to mayo replay on saturday. Thanks

Contact your school. They are the ones organising it. They may or may not accommodate you depending on how many students want to view scripts.

Advertisement