Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit to Credit Card - who set it up?

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im hoping you can help.  I have a current account and a credit card with yourselves.
    I noticed today that there is suddenly a direct debit from my current account to my credit card.

Who would have set this up and why was it set up without my knowledge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi whitelightrider.

Thanks for getting in touch.

A direct debit to pay your credit card can only be set up on an account once a mandate has been completed and returned to us.

When completing the original credit card application form, you may request for a direct debit to be set up on your current account as the payment method. If this facility is not requested on the application, a separate direct debit mandate form would need to be completed.

In order for us to investigate this for you, please contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / 0035356 7757747 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

We hope this is resolved for you promptly. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi Laura,

Im back again after finding another payment taken from my current account and into my credit card by direct debit.
    This is not a direct debit that I set up and it was for a different amount this month.

I need to know whats going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi whitelightrider.

When a direct debit is set up to pay a credit card account, it is set up as a percentage of the balance owed rather than a specific amount. This would be the reason that the amount debited changed this month.

As we do not have account access here, we suggest contacting Credit Card Services on the numbers quoted above and a representative will be happy to check the status of the direct debit for you.

If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi whitelightrider.

When a direct debit is set up to pay a credit card account, it is set up as a percentage of the balance owed rather than a specific amount. This would be the reason that the amount debited changed this month.

As we do not have account access here, we suggest contacting Credit Card Services on the numbers quoted above and a representative will be happy to check the status of the direct debit for you.

If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura
    Hi Laura,  but who would have set this up on my account?  I know I certainly didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi whitelightrider, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

A direct debit instruction can only be set up by the principle card holder upon return of a signed direct debit mandate. This may have been set up when you signed the original agreement for the Credit Card itself. 

To clarify this and to confirm the signature on the mandate, please call Credit Card services and a representative will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement