Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the LC in Carlow IFE

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was just wondering is Carlow IFE a good place to repeat your leaving cert? As in quality of teachers, classes, etc. College offers aren't out until Monday but 99% sure I haven't got my course. Any info/personal experience would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Moved from Carlow IT. May find better answers here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You could do a PLC course and combine the points you get there with the points you got in your leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Super-Rush wrote: »
    You could do a PLC course and combine the points you get there with the points you got in your leaving cert.

I don't think you are allowed to combine LC and PLC/FETAC results anymore, its either one or the other. That is unless things have changed.

I just finished a PLC course where a several people thought they could and were informed otherwise.

Owryan wrote: »
    I don't think you are allowed to combine LC and PLC/FETAC results anymore, its either one or the other. That is unless things have changed.

I just finished a PLC course where a several people thought they could and were informed otherwise.

Really? That must have just come in last year.

Well it didn't apply to me but it was mentioned. Saying that it might have applied for specific 3rd level courses where you are only allowed use your LC or FETAC, not both.

As for the op's query, the lecturer's I found very good but the building itself, to the rear of the tech is very run down and depressing looking.

• Advertisement

Yeah the main IFE building is a bit of a shack tbh. Freezing in the winter.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yeah the main IFE building is a bit of a shack tbh. Freezing in the winter.

It ll only be getting worse since they are going to be re locating out the Kilkenny road in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MapleLeaf96

Thanks for the answers! I suppose I can put up with it if the lecturers are good, looking for over 500 points time round so hopefully everything works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

A lot easier if you are repeating right after LC rather than going back.

Some teachers (not all) have the attitude of "you've done this last year/should know this etc." but like anything it's the work you put in yourself/personal responsibility.

There are usually a group of Italian students from the Tirol region who do the LC in one year and feature in many of the classes.

I've not heard bad things about the teachers per se.

The classes will most likely be split between IFE building/prefabs/vocational school classrooms too for repeat LC.

Advertisement