Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Camping

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm trying to find a decent safe spot to do a bit of wild camping. Anyone any ideas. Ideally we would like to light a small camp fire and build a few bivvy shelters or pitch a few tents if the weather is bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi jenni,
    There's actually a wild camping forum on boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1619
    If you'd like, I can move your thread there, you may get a better response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

jenniwenni wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a decent safe spot to do a bit of wild camping. Anyone any ideas. Ideally we would like to light a small camp fire and build a few bivvy shelters or pitch a few tents if the weather is bad.

Portlick is a good spot for all of the above, it's on the lake and quiet enough

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Portlick is a good spot for all of the above, it's on the lake and quiet enough

Thanks Saucy - Portlick is great - we go there a good bit with the scouts - I should have mentioned I was looking for somewhere close to Mullingar though.
    Hi jenni,
    There's actually a wild camping forum on boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1619
    If you'd like, I can move your thread there, you may get a better response
    That would be great thanks LizT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Moved from Westmeath.

Advertisement