Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Carp Lakes

Options
  • 15-08-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howdy folks,

Looking for some decent carp lake that have bigger fish than the norm.

I have fished the NewRoss lake which is fantastic. Perfect for carp but its very hard to catching anything huge. Biggest ive landed there has been 9lbs.

Ive fished the lough in cork and landed my personal best of 18lbs there in May.

Been up to rooskey to the lakeland fisheries which are top notch also but a bit to far to travel as I live in waterford.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go where there are decent fish. Id go back to cork but Id like to try somewhere new.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

Have you tried Ann Valley fisheries in dunhill. They have stocked all double figure fish. The fish are only in the lake a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

http://www.lyreen-angling-centre.com/carp-lake.html
    Has a 40lb+ carp in the lake and koi up to 20 lb. sure have a read of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Have you tried Inniscarra in Cork?

Granted, it's huge, and the Carp,while plentiful, are few and far between because of the size of it.

But the lake record up there is a 26lb Carp, and that was 2 years ago now. (Pic attached)

What size are they these days?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dace11

Thanks guys.
    Depending on the size of the fish I might head to Dunhill. That other lake looks amazing. Might just have found what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might be too far away but Paddy McNamara’s Lake (right beside O Brien's Bridge and about 10 or so miles outside Limerick city is a small lake that has carp reaching into low doubles at the very least (basing this on having caught carp to just over 13lb there)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Ballinafid, about 5 miles west of Mullingar has 20's.
    Careful, locals bite :)

Advertisement