Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on booking test in advance

Options
  • 15-08-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My provisional was issued on the 22/04/14 so if I'm right I can sit my test on or after the 22/10/14. (6 month rule)

My question is can I book my test in advance (i.e. this week) for that date ? (waiting time in my area is 9 weeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Funny this should happen, I got my learner's permit on the 24th of April so am in the same boat.
    Booked my test because I want it for the week of holidays at the end of october.
    When you're booking the test you have the option to dictate a period that you can't do the test, so for me it was from when I booked it till the 25th of October.
    So if you want to factor in the waiting period you can do it that way.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Funny this should happen, I got my learner's permit on the 24th of April so am in the same boat.
    Booked my test because I want it for the week of holidays at the end of october.
    When you're booking the test you have the option to dictate a period that you can't do the test, so for me it was from when I booked it till the 25th of October.
    Hope this helps

That's good to know ill book my test tomorrow now, Once it's booked it will give me the incentive to get all my lessons done... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 work2013

Hope this helps

I was hoping that type of option would be there. I'll probably book tomorrow using that method.

The reason I was unsure is that on rsa.ie/rsa/learner-drivers/safe-driving1/6-month-rule/, the title is "Six month rule, How long you need to hold a learner permit before you can apply for a test". So I thought that could mean you have to wait 6 months before you can apply.

But then below it it says "First-time learner permit holders (in certain categories) must wait six months after the date of issue of the particular licence category before they can sit their driving test."

So it should be ok to book in advance as long as 6 months has elapsed by the time you sit the test.

Advertisement