Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT support in CIT

Options
  • 15-08-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Hello all, hoping to do IT support in CIT just wondering has anyone here done the course? and would they recommend it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Great course, mix of everything in it in 1st year, Hardware, programming, networking, maths etc.

If you have a genuine interest in computers and would like to get into the IT side of things it gives a far more practical hands on experience than you would experience in some of the university based courses.

If you enjoy it and keep the results good, then CIT has plenty of Masters options in the computing area that are very popular too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Thanks that was very helpful. Was the mathematics in the course complex? Like I would not be great at maths just wondering what the maths are like in it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Rashad Slimy Traction

Adam4850 wrote: »
    Thanks that was very helpful. Was the mathematics in the course complex? Like I would not be great at maths just wondering what the maths are like in it? thanks

pretty basic no harder than leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Adam4850 wrote: »
    The maths is grand, in CIT they teach you everything you need to know out there, there is a proven statistic across the college that the people who go to every maths class/tutorials and complete any homework generally pass without any issues whatsoever. People generally struggle when they miss classes.

I tell people to treat it like a job and dont miss any classes, and start working on assignments as soon as they are given to you and you will breeze through it for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I did IT support and enjoyed it, and went on to do IT Management. Its lacking programming skills, so I would recommend after first year joining the Computing course which is allowed as far as I know if you want to go into software dev etc. College modules to start are generally taught with the presumption the students have no knowledge in the area. Like Outkast_IRE said, just show up to every class, do every assignment, and you will pass easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Thanks guys, was not sure whether to do it or not!
    I think I will stick with just the IT support for the 3-4 years because I would like to do the 6 month placement.

Advertisement