Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile Unlimited Calls Texts 5GB Data €20 per Month

• 15-08-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not to sure if someone has posted it already, spotted this today on the Tesco Mobile website,

If you top up by €15 or more you will get unlimited calls to all mobiles & landlines free Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile calls & texts, 250 Free webtexts and can keep your €15 credit.

Add another fiver per month you can buy unlimited texts for €10 and 5GB data for €10 addons again.

Seems good to me :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's better than that. You get unlimited texts, calls & 1gb for 15 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Discodog wrote: »

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

stevek93 wrote: »
    Link?

Top up by €15 and get free calls, buy unlimited texts add-on for €10 and then 1gb data for the remaining fiver.

I've been on this for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭gripcasey

I have as well. suits me grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rightman

Discodog wrote: »

Agree - the most simple and effective pre pay plan I ever came accross.

And on the top of mentioned already it comes with stupidly cheap international rates ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I assume you can't preload your credit and have to remember to top up each month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Unlimited data.
    Free weekend calls.
    Free texts.
    Free Skype.
    Free three to three.
    10 Euro back.
    With €20 top up with three.It's a toss up between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Advantage of Tesco Mobile over Three is that if you 'boost' €5 worth of Clubcard points, it tops up your mobile phone by €15: then use €10 of the top-up to buy unlimited texts and €5 on data.
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

MAJJ wrote: »
    I assume you can't preload your credit and have to remember to top up each month?

Yo do get a text reminder a couple of days before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

its defo one of the best plans on the market. I was with lyca mobile and every few months they seem to change there plans . and there data allowance was poor plus the data speed was very poor. I think once you stay with tesco the plan is for life

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have their €25 unlimited calls,texts,data 30 day plan, really can't fault it, works out cheaper to buy a phone and keep the cheap plan. Their customer service is very good as well. Oh yeah, and the fact that you can translate €10 of vouchers means that you get a free phone in effect, I had €50 in vouchers, translated them to €150 tescomobile, which means I've 6 months free phone, by which time I should have more vouchers to pay for the next few months :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

what's tesco coverage like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

budhabob wrote: »

Same as o2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

budhabob wrote: »
    kn wrote: »
    Same as o2.
    Availability is not the same though. TescoMobile (and the other piggyback networks) can be down even though their carrier is up.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Quick note I,found out today, I was on the 30 euro Tesco unlimited plan, saw this,thread and checked out the website, saw that the 30 day unlimited plan is now 25, called up and they changed me over, if I had not called I would stayed paying 30. Just call,them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Esel wrote: »
    Availability is not the same though. TescoMobile (and the other piggyback networks) can be down even though their carrier is up.

for whatever reason I've found Tesco's data speeds better than O2's - perhaps O2 have a certain amount reserved for Tesco and Tesco have fewer users so its quicker? No 4G though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Quick note I,found out today, I was on the 30 euro Tesco unlimited plan, saw this,thread and checked out the website, saw that the 30 day unlimited plan is now 25, called up and they changed me over, if I had not called I would stayed paying 30. Just call,them
    Continuing to charge existing customers the old (higher) rate should be illegal. In a future (fairer) world, it will be. There should be refunds plus interest too...

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I do the €15 top up for my phone, and my mother's phone. Free calls for the month, and then I use €5 for 1GB data for each of us (just in case her weather app goes mental or anything!)

Very good value, would recommend. They are talking about bringing in auto top ups I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You can call them, or email them, or PM them on Facebook, or Tweet them, or PM them on here, 1 of the easiest service providers to get in contact with I've found.

Esel wrote: »
    Continuing to charge existing customers the old (higher) rate should be illegal. In a future (fairer) world, it will be. There should be refunds plus interest too...

I don't know if I'd like the idea of a service provider changing the terms to a contact without a customer's consent. I know when it's money that it's a no-brainier, but I wouldn't like any service provider deciding for me what's better, for example if I've unlimited 3G coverage, but they decide that 20Gb of 4G would be better, that mightn't suit all customers. Customers have to have some responsibity for making changes, in fairness to them they do make it extremely easy to change and they advertise it all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Is it possible to port my 086 number over to tesco.

JJJJNR wrote: »

Of course.

JJJJNR wrote: »

Yup, and you get a 1000 Club Card points, which can be exchanged for €30 worth of credit, win win.

I better stop now, I look like I work for them now.

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd like the idea of a service provider changing the terms to a contact without a customer's consent. I know when it's money that it's a no-brainier, but I wouldn't like any service provider deciding for me what's better, for example if I've unlimited 3G coverage, but they decide that 20Gb of 4G would be better, that mightn't suit all customers. Customers have to have some responsibity for making changes, in fairness to them they do make it extremely easy to change and they advertise it all over the place.

Same, I am on meteor's €20 bill pay plan and all well and good they never seem to change their terms being bill pay plans always stays the same, am thinking of cancelling and switching to tesco but what happens 6 months down the line they change something or drop of the addons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

afaik once you sign up for the deal you get that deal. they wont change it without getting you to change your deal. sure it only takes a day to port your number over nowadays anyways and the best thing about this deal is that you arent in contract. you can just leave it at anytime.
    its 120 for the year for that deal if you have the clubcard coupons 15 x 8 & 4 x 5 euro clubcard coupons = 12 months phone. well worth it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Clareman wrote: »
    Yup, and you get a 1000 Club Card points, which can be exchanged for €30 worth of credit, win win.

I better stop now, I look like I work for them now.

Ok cool, i just signed up to 55 a month with 02, so going to cancel that with the 14 day cool off and move over to tesco.. looks like a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you did get a free phone with that deal didnt you?

didnt you ??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

am with the €25 per month plan with Tesco.

As mentioned, you can use Tesco clubcard vouchers to get €15 for a fiver.

In relation to "same as O2" - I've noticed that some text messages sent at 9pm arrive the next day - only a few times but I never experienced that when I was on the O2 network itself (albeit a few years ago).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

kneemos wrote: »
    Unlimited data.
    Free weekend calls.
    Free texts.
    Free Skype.
    Free three to three.
    10 Euro back.
    With €20 top up with three.It's a toss up between them.
    The three like home is very handy if you are roaming , €2.99 for 2GB

not as good as their older plans where it wasn't an add-on

the moral is know what your call/text/data usage is / likely to be and then decide.

If you are spending €20 then don't forget 48 too , also piggybacking on O2 network

In an ideal word three's takeover of O2 would mean that O2/3/Tesco/48 users would all have the same coverage , in an ideal world

it may be worth switching to an unlimited plan for a month or two to see if you would really use it, and them decide if you can safely get away with a lower plan, because if you pick a lower plan and go over it could end up in tears

• Advertisement

im on tesco mobile since may . I top up 15 a month, after 3 months I got 1000 points on my club card . converted over to boost I get two months free

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cembellines

Hi guys, sounds great. Do you know if you get to keep ur credit with Meteor pay as u go plans?

Hi guys, sounds great. Do you know if you get to keep ur credit with Meteor pay as u go plans?

meteor take your credit with any of there deals . As far as i know

castle2012 wrote: »
    meteor take your credit with any of there deals . As far as i know

I heard that as well, used to be the case where you kept your kept your credit. Might be a plan to push people onto bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cembellines

If that's the case Tescos is the way to go

The rest have pushed a price increase through the back door. You could keep your credit with most operator s up until recently when buying into a deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Thinking of leaving Tesco, mobile, i was in Wexford for the weekend and once outside any town zero coverage, was in blackwater and screen and nothing, no internet for 3 day ��.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

48 are cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Thinking of leaving Tesco, mobile, i was in Wexford for the weekend and once outside any town zero coverage, was in blackwater and screen and nothing, no internet for 3 day ��.

They have fairly detailed maps of their coverage available.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ted1 wrote: »
    48 are cheaper.

48's €10 plan is obviously cheaper while offering far less. However TM's €15 and €20 plans are much better value for money then the equivalent 48 plans.

€10 48 months
    300 mobiles minutes, 60 local minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€15 48 months
    500 mobiles minutes, 20 local minutes!, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€20 48 months
    unlimited mobile calls, 60 local minutes, unlimited texts, 5GB data

€15 TM
    unlimited mobile minutes, unlimited local calls, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€20 TM
    unlimited mobile minutes, unlimited local calls, unlimited texts, 5GB data

As you can see above, the TM €15 and €20 plans offer way better value for money.

However even beyond this, having been originally with 48 months and then switched to Tesco Mobile, TM has loads of other advantages:

- TM give you 250 web texts, including 50 international, nothing from 48
    - TM have a good iphone/adnroid app that allows you to send web texts, handy when abroad.
    - Cheap international calls as low as 1c per minute, international calls are 50c to 75c per minute with 48!!!
    - You can't do international data roaming on 48, you can with TM
    - You get tesco clubcard points when you top up.
    - €5 worth of tesco clubcard points converts to a €15 top up, I basically get a free month about every third month, making the average monthly cost more €10
    - TM has much better customer support, 48 can only be contacted by email, TM can be called by phone, have stores around the country and even an excellent responsive forum here on boards.
    - TM send you a text when you miss a call due to being out of coverage or on another call, 48 don't have this feature (I found this very frustrating).
    - 48 cut you off after 60 minutes on a call, so you have to call back again. TM don't cut you off, at least not that I've found.
    - You can decide to change what you get every month. For instance you might decide not to get the free texts and just use whatapp and the free webtexts instead. Or you might get 5GB of data one month and just 1GB the second month. Greater flexibility.
    - You can also stack data from one month to the next, for instance if you get 5GB the first month but only use 2GB, leaving you 3GB left over, you can then add 1GB of data just before it runs out and you will have 4GB for the next 30 days. Great way of saving money, I only buy a 5GB once every 6 months or so.

While on the surface, they might look similar, in my experience of having used both, Tesco Mobile is far superior and cheaper service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

bk wrote: »
    However even beyond this, having been originally with 48 months and then switched to Tesco Mobile, TM has loads of other advantages:

While on the surface, they might look similar, in my experience of having used both, Tesco Mobile is far superior and cheaper service.

I only switched to TM recently and I find them great. Your post covers everything and shows how good TM is.

I recently ditched my Eircom landline and my emobile pay monthy for TM €15/month. I don't make a huge amount of calls but being able to ring UK for 1c/minute is brilliant. The clubcard points are a bonus too. I got my first smart phone ever when I switched to TM because of the data they offer. I also find on average it effectively works out at €10/month.

Overall a great service at a fantastic price.

• Advertisement

48's €10 plan is obviously cheaper while offering far less. However TM's €15 and €20 plans are much better value for money then the equivalent 48 plans.

€10 48 months
    300 mobiles minutes, 60 local minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€15 48 months
    500 mobiles minutes, 20 local minutes!, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€20 48 months
    unlimited mobile calls, 60 local minutes, unlimited texts, 5GB data

€15 TM
    unlimited mobile minutes, unlimited local calls, unlimited texts, 1GB data

€20 TM
    unlimited mobile minutes, unlimited local calls, unlimited texts, 5GB data

As you can see above, the TM €15 and €20 plans offer way better value for money.

- TM give you 250 web texts, including 50 international, nothing from 48
    - TM have a good iphone/adnroid app that allows you to send web texts, handy when abroad.
    - Cheap international calls as low as 1c per minute, international calls are 50c to 75c per minute with 48!!!
    - You can't do international data roaming on 48, you can with TM
    - You get tesco clubcard points when you top up.
    - €5 worth of tesco clubcard points converts to a €15 top up, I basically get a free month about every third month, making the average monthly cost more €10
    - TM has much better customer support, 48 can only be contacted by email, TM can be called by phone, have stores around the country and even an excellent responsive forum here on boards.
    - TM send you a text when you miss a call due to being out of coverage or on another call, 48 don't have this feature (I found this very frustrating).
    - 48 cut you off after 60 minutes on a call, so you have to call back again. TM don't cut you off, at least not that I've found.
    - You can decide to change what you get every month. For instance you might decide not to get the free texts and just use whatapp and the free webtexts instead. Or you might get 5GB of data one month and just 1GB the second month. Greater flexibility.
    - You can also stack data from one month to the next, for instance if you get 5GB the first month but only use 2GB, leaving you 3GB left over, you can then add 1GB of data just before it runs out and you will have 4GB for the next 30 days. Great way of saving money, I only buy a 5GB once every 6 months or so.

very well put together. So Tesco mobile is a bargain compared to all other networks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

loyatemu wrote: »
    for whatever reason I've found Tesco's data speeds better than O2's - perhaps O2 have a certain amount reserved for Tesco and Tesco have fewer users so its quicker? No 4G though.

Personally I find Tesco Mobile not that great.
    Phone calls constantly get dropped or there is an echo.
    Texts the odd time can be delayed (rarely happened me with 02), even yesterday there was a delay of a few hours.
    Data is very cheap but speed is not that great. My partner who is with 02 has better speeds, I put my sim into theirs in case it was my phone at fault but still the speed was slower.

Fine for casual use but definitely not for important calls or emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BookBook wrote: »
    Personally I find Tesco Mobile not that great.
    Phone calls constantly get dropped or there is an echo.
    Texts the odd time can be delayed (rarely happened me with 02), even yesterday there was a delay of a few hours.
    Data is very cheap but speed is not that great. My partner who is with 02 has better speeds, I put my sim into theirs in case it was my phone at fault but still the speed was slower.

Fine for casual use but definitely not for important calls or emails.

Have you changed the data settings, I noticed a speed improvement with the new settings http://www.tescomobile.ie/support/question.aspx?id=81 .

I'm with TM years, I think they have improved over time regarding options.
    Whats this stacking of data? must be with the new plans, I'm on a bundle where I get a multiple of my top up as bonus credit.
    I'm only making use of the webtexts which are much easier to access on my new smartphone than my old one.

I usually top up by €10 and between that and the bonus credit lasts me the month, usually I cant use all the bonus credit.
    If I wasn't on this patg plan Id definitely go on one of their newer plans,
    the €15 one.
    The data used to be dearer, now its €5 for 1gb, I could barely use 100mb when I started, now I supplement my home usage by connecting to data rather than wireless to keep my usage there under the cap and I think I could get the 5GB €10 to use it more (5X times as much for double the price and still have €20 for calls), and because it can be easily tracked on my phone, although I find myself just watching youtube videos just to use up my allocation now, I could use it more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Would that be the triple credit plan? Lovin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

Have you changed the data settings, I noticed a speed improvement with the new settings http://www.tescomobile.ie/support/question.aspx?id=81 .

Thanks for that Dublin Texas. I did indeed update the settings and when i tried out the sim on the OH's fancier phone i made sure these settings were being used too. It was only a once off test though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Seems like quite a good deal and very difficult to beat. I'm sick of Three and have had enough of their shoddy service and customer care. When does the unlimited calls and text offer end?

Mr. G wrote: »
    Seems like quite a good deal and very difficult to beat. I'm sick of Three and have had enough of their shoddy service and customer care. When does the unlimited calls and text offer end?

Once your number is on the unlimited calls for a €15 top-up plan its for life unless you yourself migrate from the network or opt into a different plan at some future point. Only the €15 top-up for unlimited calls is the only 'plan' per se. The unlimited texts for €10 of your €15 top-up is an add-on that you have to opt into and can be changed at anytime (although any change is likely to make it cheaper due to competition from free texts services).

snubbleste wrote: »
    Would that be the triple credit plan? Lovin it.

Yes, the triple decker
    no fries though,
    Im tempted by their new offers, but this keeps my actual required top up amount lower, and Im sure I can get a practically similar usage out of my plan and opt into add ons as and when I need, at this point €5 is diverted by me to data. Ive €5 left for international calls in the event I need that, could use skype/viber on wifi if I upped that and it's there as a backup too.
    Got the webtexts which have 50 international which I should try use, so a bit of extra coverage there, no real need to get into any web messaging like whatsapp.

At the moment Im just trying to get into the habit of going to the webtext and using that for texts.
    Plus I've all my bonus credit left for other text messages or calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

BookBook wrote: »

Happened few times to me as well, sent texts at night which weren't received until next day (their phone was on). Rang Tesco who said I was the first person reporting this issue..

• Advertisement
Advertisement